Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2017 Season

Re: NFL 2017 Season

I'm back from Wembley. What an embarrassment the Dolphins were. No effort whatsoever. Cutler is a disgrace, although in his defence, he didn't pick him, that's Gase fault. IMO, the Dolphins played like they were going to make damn sure they were not going to be chosen to represent the NFL in a game in the UK ever again! I spoke to an American on the tube on the way to the game and he said he was surprised Cutler was offered a contract by the Dolphins as he (Cutler) had been pictured boozin' his way through the summer on the beach! Says it all! I'd have gone with Kap, at least he would have had something to prove. And despite Kaps current position and the trouble he's caused, according to the American guy, it's a damn sight less than Cutler who is a nightmare apparently. Bears fans are chuffed they've finally dumped him off.
    If you don't like being ripped off by Wembley turn up 5 minutes before kick off, fully fed and watered. Who needs all the (false) tailgate crap they put on. In the USA it's all done properly. We were fed and watered for free at our first Dolphins game by some fantasic Dolphins fans. Why do they do it? "Because the food prices are so expensive inside the ground" was the reply. They have no idea what it's like to be ripped off properly!!!!! Anyhoo. It's a fab experience. I caught one of the shirts they were firing into the crowd during one of the many lulls in the game, which my son now has, so a great day after all!!!!!
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Bill Simmons of The Ringer just suggested that the Saints v Dolphins game should have been played in North Korea.

Miami have had a tough time the first month. The hurricane issue postponing Week 1, then they had to stay in LA for 10 days to play the Chargers and practice, then fly across country to play the Jets and then come to London. They are a missed fieldgoal away from being 0-4 and they have Jay Cutler at QB. His "effort" on the wildcat play was truly embarrassing. Their season is done already and they need to go to Matt Moore in Week 5.

No team is going to sign Kaepernick. He was an absolute cancer in the 49ers' locker room and every NFL front office knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathetic Shark View Post
    Bill Simmons of The Ringer just suggested that the Saints v Dolphins game should have been played in North Korea.

Miami have had a tough time the first month. The hurricane issue postponing Week 1, then they had to stay in LA for 10 days to play the Chargers and practice, then fly across country to play the Jets and then come to London. They are a missed fieldgoal away from being 0-4 and they have Jay Cutler at QB. His "effort" on the wildcat play was truly embarrassing. Their season is done already and they need to go to Matt Moore in Week 5.

No team is going to sign Kaepernick. He was an absolute cancer in the 49ers' locker room and every NFL front office knows it.
    Agreed, as do most Dolphins fans.

As for Kap, the American guy reckons Cutler is WORSE apparently. From the pictures of Cutler he doesn't give a smelly heap of stuff.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK View Post
    Going off at a slight tangent, have any of you guys played the game?

I had a few seasons playing for the Oxford Saints in the 90's as a WR and OLB. Managed just one TD in a preseason game against Witney.
    Didn't get thrown the ball much as was down the pecking order - we had a fantastic speed merchant WR who was the go to man.
    Much proffered playing OLB as it was much more involved.
    i played Swindon Storms first 2 seasons (2014-2015) in BAFA before stopping to concentrate back on my golf - it worked. I miss the team element of it.

My dad played many years for the Portsmouth Warriors in the 80s/early 90's and was also a GB captain named as one of the best guards of the era.
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.2

Not the best week for field goals in Tampa.........
    Titleist 910 D3 RIP x-stiff
    Titleist 915F 3W Rogue x-stiff

Mizuno H4 2i DG X100
    Mizuno MP53 3-PW DG X100

Cleveland CG15 DSG 52°, 58°
    Odyssey Sabretooth 33" with VIBE

Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black Footballs
    Titleist RC Cart Bag
    Under Armour Golf Shoes
    Garmin S1
    No official h/c
    PW Swing. 6i Swing. 3i Swing.

Just don't go there - it's three days and I've still got the hump. And I have to write a piece on the Bucs' history of bad kickers some point tonight too.

Just don't go there - it's three days and I've still got the hump. And I have to write a piece on the Bucs' history of bad kickers some point tonight too.
    Can I help with your NFL piece please?

"American Football is not football, and is the most boring sport ever"

There you are - short and sweet! 😁
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Thank you Chris. I submitted the piece and the associated invoice. Am waiting to hear back the publication date and how much I will get paid for it.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by MendieGK View Post
    i played Swindon Storms first 2 seasons (2014-2015) in BAFA before stopping to concentrate back on my golf - it worked. I miss the team element of it.

My dad played many years for the Portsmouth Warriors in the 80s/early 90's and was also a GB captain named as one of the best guards of the era.
    Tashyboy played for the Mansfield express for a couple of seasons, the best American football team in the country that had no American players.
    played against USAF Mildenhall and got stuffed.
    Played against and Hawaian all stars team at Trent bridge ( Notts forest ) and we got proper mullered. Knackered my knee in on my first play. Played against Stoke spitfires, Black Country mailers, West Brom fireballs ( bandits ) Wrekin Giants. Good set of lads all of them.

As say Mr shark what was the name of that LA raiders punt kicker in the 80's. Read a piece where they thought he had helium in the ball.

Thank you Chris. I submitted the piece and the associated invoice. Am waiting to hear back the publication date and how much I will get paid for it.
    I hope you checked my punctuation 😁
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0