Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2017 Season

Re: NFL 2017 Season

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Surely that's a long way off yet, especially to play as an NFL franchise. Can you really see this happening and a team being competitive enough in the next decade. Even if it happened, isn't it repeating the issues everyone has coming to London?
    im not realy a fan, just was interested due to the spurs tie in. Ive read a few differents views from wanting a fully fledged team based in London to simply more games per year.
    COYS

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    But if the players don't like coming and the travelling, how can they grow it? Any franchise outside the US will never be strong enough to compete (well maybe against the Browns) so what's the long term game. I get the growth in terms of viewing public, but we had a European league which bombed fairly quickly so how do they do it?
    I’m opposed to a franchise over here, but Why wouldn’t it compete? They would have an expansion draft (if a new team) or just move a team. The players really wouldn’t have much choice. I’d assume they be based on the East Coast and just fly over for games

Money List Winner

Pittsburg out, shock or what.

Quote Originally Posted by MendieGK View Post
    I’m opposed to a franchise over here, but Why wouldn’t it compete? They would have an expansion draft (if a new team) or just move a team. The players really wouldn’t have much choice. I’d assume they be based on the East Coast and just fly over for games
    Your right the drafted players don’t get a choice but when it comes to free agency it will be a lot harder to recruit players.

I have been to a few international series games but in reality there rubbish. Much better to go to the States to watch a game. I’m heading over again in October.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    Your right the drafted players don’t get a choice but when it comes to free agency it will be a lot harder to recruit players.

I have been to a few international series games but in reality there rubbish. Much better to go to the States to watch a game. I’m heading over again in October.
    I think they’d be just fine when they have crazy salary cap space to offer over the odds.

I don’t go to the Wembley games anymore, I realised I didn’t care who won and wouldn’t watch the games if I was at home so have stopped.

Will hopefully be going to Pack v Pats or Pack v Rams next season in the states

Great finish at the Minnesota game but what was the Saints safety doing? Was he going for a glory interception or wipe out hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Piece View Post
    Great finish at the Minnesota game but what was the Saints safety doing? Was he going for a glory interception or wipe out hit?
    Wipe out from what I saw, just needed to stand his ground and shove him out of bounds.
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

Torn loyalties on that last play - Brees was my playoff QB for a media fantasy league so needed him to get through. But a friend of mine is a die-hard Vikings fan who had flown out to Minnesota to watch the game. Either way I won or lost. Terrible play by the Saints' DB. All he had to do was tackle him in bounds and the game was over.

So next week, New England will take advantage of the worst championship QB in 40 years, Blake Bortles and get to another Super Bowl. The Eagles v Vikings game will be a classic defensive battle.

Like Minnesota, great bit of drama at the end but that no.43 for Saints is going to need therapy for that 'tackle'.
    Watched the Steelers/Jags game, was a good game but went wrong way for me. Is Big Ben a bit one dimensional, a younger fitter QB could make more gains running with the ball no?
    Can the Jags defence keep the Pats in check? Good defence worked for Denver v Panthers 2 years ago. Hope so.
    Hope Minnesota can go all the way.
    Last edited by maxfli65; 15-Jan-2018 at 10:15.

What is a "defence" - are you talking about soccer here?