Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 249

Thread: NFL 2017 Season

  1. #161

    Re: NFL 2017 Season

    The players and coaches all hate coming to London. They might say one thing in press conferences but I know from first hand experience what they really think of it. The next labour agreement with the NFL and the NFLPA, it goes.

  2. #162
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    38,469

    Re: NFL 2017 Season

    Isnít there a ten year contract in place already for Spurs hosting two games a year starting from next year but expecting them to go to three games with Wembley also hosting 2 a year for the next three that will make it 5 a year

    Maybe itís more hope that the NFL will stop coming to the UK but for me itís only going to go one way

  3. #163
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    61,808

    Re: NFL 2017 Season

    Would have gone to the Chargers game but not now they've moved from San Diego. The demand appears to be there from the public so is there a balancing act to be struck here? Do the NFL need the UK and worldwide audience to grow to justify the big bucks spent on salaries etc?

  4. #164

    Re: NFL 2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Would have gone to the Chargers game but not now they've moved from San Diego. The demand appears to be there from the public so is there a balancing act to be struck here? Do the NFL need the UK and worldwide audience to grow to justify the big bucks spent on salaries etc?
    No. The money the UK games brings in to the NFL is peanuts compared to the American TV revenues. The NFL GamePass subscriptions from the UK would not even pay Philip Rivers' salary for a month.

  5. #165
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,169

    Re: NFL 2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Pathetic Shark View Post
    No. The money the UK games brings in to the NFL is peanuts compared to the American TV revenues. The NFL GamePass subscriptions from the UK would not even pay Philip Rivers' salary for a month.
    Itís only £100 for the year so no suprise there.

    Surely itís the fact they can have 4th Time Slot on TV?

  6. #166
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    61,808

    Re: NFL 2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Pathetic Shark View Post
    No. The money the UK games brings in to the NFL is peanuts compared to the American TV revenues. The NFL GamePass subscriptions from the UK would not even pay Philip Rivers' salary for a month.
    So why do it?

  7. #167
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,071

    Re: NFL 2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    So why do it?
    expansion of the nfl is the ultimate goal. there's a huge market outside of the US.

  8. #168
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    61,808

    Re: NFL 2017 Season

    But if the players don't like coming and the travelling, how can they grow it? Any franchise outside the US will never be strong enough to compete (well maybe against the Browns) so what's the long term game. I get the growth in terms of viewing public, but we had a European league which bombed fairly quickly so how do they do it?

  9. #169
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,071

    Re: NFL 2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    But if the players don't like coming and the travelling, how can they grow it? Any franchise outside the US will never be strong enough to compete (well maybe against the Browns) so what's the long term game. I get the growth in terms of viewing public, but we had a European league which bombed fairly quickly so how do they do it?
    franchises based outside the US. That's the long term view.

  10. #170
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    61,808

    Re: NFL 2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    franchises based outside the US. That's the long term view.
    Surely that's a long way off yet, especially to play as an NFL franchise. Can you really see this happening and a team being competitive enough in the next decade. Even if it happened, isn't it repeating the issues everyone has coming to London?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Sunday Trading: Deals On Under Armour, Training Aids, Accessories And More!

Check out these great deals we've found this week...

April 22, 2018

WATCH: Tiger Woods Clinic

The 14-time major winner gave a clinic at his new course and he was on form!

April 20, 2018

Charley Hullís Unexpected Club Change For LA Open

England's Charley Hull struggled to adapt to her new equipment in the LA Open after British Airways lost her clubs.

April 20, 2018

How Golf Has Changed Since Arsene Wenger Took Over At Arsenal

Arsene Wenger announced that he will be leaving Arsenal after 22 years. Here's what golf looked like when he took over in October 1996...

April 20, 2018

Irish Stars to play in Adare Manor curtain-raiser

As part of a stunning new design at the Limerick-based course, Adare Manor is hosting a charity event to celebrate its opening.

April 20, 2018