Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bake Off

Bake Off

Come on, let's go down this route.

New series started last night, cracking first episode. The new presenters slotted in as though they had been doing it for years. Illusion cakes. What a genius idea and some brilliant executions. Flo and her melon is going to be in high demand at weddings and birthdays in Liverpool from now on. The guy who was star baker played a blinder, well earned.

I would have sent Stacey home, red top woman, always seemed angry.

Any other watchers?

(there is a penalty for anyone who quotes mumsnet on this thread )
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26 Hybrid, Ping G25 23 Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Re: Bake Off

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post

Any other watchers?

I've got broad shoulders, mock away. Who here doesn't like pies and cakes?
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26 Hybrid, Ping G25 23 Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Was out last night but will most probably watch on catch up...

Do a bit of baking myself...

Been keeping the grandsons full up with brownies and sticky toffee muffins during the hols...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

I had the paisley shirt guy to go out last night, the one who did the ham terrine thing with the egg in, i think that one may have saved him. I love a bit of GBBO!!
    Owner of golf clubs, dusty golf clubs...

Talks a lot of sense on twitter @scottroots

BBC Breakfast had an article about it this morning..... surprisingly objective - I was expecting to shout "you didn't stump up the cash get over it!"

Watched it once.... nearly made me throw up. Awful tv
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rooter View Post
    I had the paisley shirt guy to go out last night, the one who did the ham terrine thing with the egg in, i think that one may have saved him. I love a bit of GBBO!!
    Add egg whites. Could you believe that? He did it twice. I liked him though, had some character about him so I am pleased he stayed for another week. I agree, even though it didn't entirely come off that saved him.

Out and proud Bake Off fan here!

Thought it was good. Despite the new presenters and new judge, I barely noticed a difference to be honest. They've kept exactly the same format with all the challenges etc, which I think was a good move. I hear people complaining about the adverts, but it didn't affect me, as I started watching it about 20 minutes late anyway so could fast forward through them.

I think Sophie is one to watch. From what I remember of previous series (and I could well be wrong on this!) the people who shine early on and are picked out as potential winners tend to fade off. The winner is usually someone who starts out average and improves steadily over the competition. Sophie possibly fits that bill.

Anyway, will be tuning in again in future!

About the Ad's, does anyone actually watch a program when its actually live started (except sport)? This is 2017 and i cant remember the last time except for sport or the news, i watched something the time it was aired! Fast forward through the ad's!
    Owner of golf clubs, dusty golf clubs...

Talks a lot of sense on twitter @scottroots