Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Annual renewal boiler cover

Had our renewal through for heating, electrics and plumbing and it's gone up to an eyewatering £440.

Must be better deals out there, any suggestions ?

Ta.

Re: Annual renewal boiler cover

Don't bother.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pin-seeker View Post
    Don't bother.
    Tempting - however with Insurers looking into the fine print to avoid paying on claims you might find the lack of evidence of maintenance checks might make life difficult. Mind you an annual maintenance check should be <£400.

Q-School Graduate

It's like any other form of insurance. The best deals go to new customers so shop around.

At £440 you would have to be making a claim every year to justify the expense. Two years without a claim and you would probably be out of pocket.

Q-School Graduate

If you want to do a comparison you can use the usual comparison sites such uswitch

Ryder Cup Winner

Why do you need it? Pay £100 for an annual service and if something breaks down then get it replaced, much cheaper than the rip off maintenance cover that's out there. In 10 years I've had my boiler serviced 5 times and my fan replaced once. Total cost is around £800. If I had paid for maintenance cover I'd have been over double that in 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by spongebob59 View Post
    Had our renewal through for heating, electrics and plumbing and it's gone up to an eyewatering £440.

Must be better deals out there, any suggestions ?

Ta.
    Save your £440 each year and if anything pops up you've got enough money to cover the costs and use a local plumber or electrician. You'll be surprised how much money you'll save.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Save your £440 each year and if anything pops up you've got enough money to cover the costs and use a local plumber or electrician. You'll be surprised how much money you'll save.
    This. Oh and don't bother with servicing either. My cousin in a Gas Safe plumber and I asked him about having our 5 year old boiler serviced. His response was, "Does it work?" Me "yes" Him "Leave it alone". Oh and all boilers are pretty much as bad as each other.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Head Pro

I dont bother but have had a great relationship with my local boiler company for years - a couple of times there have been costly repairs and they say for me to contact the manufacturer directly, pay x then get x+ value from the manufacturer

Works really well
    Driver Ping G LS Tec 9 Degree 65g S Shaft3 Wood Callaway GBB Epic Hzrdus T800 65g S Shaft5 Wood Callaway GBB Epic Hzrdus T800 65g S ShaftHybrid Callaway 4H 22 Degree XR Project X 5.5 R ShaftIrons 4-PW Callaway Steelhead Pro KBS C Taper Lite S ShaftWedges Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58 Deg KBS Tour V S ShaftPutter Tad Moore Handmade TMS Tour 34" Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyface View Post
    This. Oh and don't bother with servicing either.
    do you have your car serviced
    My cousin in a Gas Safe plumber and I asked him about having our 5 year old boiler serviced. His response was, "Does it work?" Me "yes" Him "Leave it alone". Oh and all boilers are pretty much as bad as each other.
    Is that your opinion or his?

With advice like that i wouldnt let him nowhere near my house.