Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: How do you like your balls?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilTheFragger View Post
    You been thinning the bejesus out of them again Brendy
    You'd think
    It was actually driver off the 4th tee it went 50 yards straight then turned unnaturally low and left from what felt like a decent drive. I got to the ball and it was cracked round about 50% of the ball. I've read that I'm not the first neither which isn't good.
    http://www.bangorgolfclubni.co.uk
    TM M2 Driver R11s 5W Cally 1 iron TM MC TP 3-pw Irons wedges and a putting thing.

Tour Winner

i play the first ball i pull out my bag because i think it has zero impact on your score at our level

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    i play the first ball i pull out my bag because i think it has zero impact on your score at our level
    Whilst I agree to a certain extent, the difference in feel off the PUTTER is noticeable between some balls and therefore you can have a preference one way or another.
    Callaway FT Tour Driver 9.5'
    Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood 15'
    Callaway X Hot Hybrid 19'
    Wilson Staff FG V4 Utility 24'
    Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 5-PW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 52', 56', 60'
    Yes! Carolyne

Assistant Pro

True enough

But isn't it FUN to nip the odd wedge with a bit of zip. Or flop one over a bunker to nestle softly next to the pin

Near impossible with a cheap ball not to mention the different feel

Won't necessarily improve any handicaps though

A combo of a firmer feel off the putter and soft off clubs. I always come back to the ProV1x. Do like the TP5x too, but they mark up very easy.
    HCP 2017: 3.5(4)
    Selby GC

Pretty much any of the premium balls will do the trick for me.

They stop quicker on approach shots and I can put some spin on pitches if I choose to do so. No brainer in my book.

Our pro shop sells pro v for 10 for 12 quid. Plenty of 1 hit wonders in there. usually grab them with 2s money.
    Titleist 910 9.5* (old trusty)
    Titleist 913 F 16* 4 wood
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Titleist sm5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Lee Trevino Napa style putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by tsped83 View Post
    Whilst I agree to a certain extent, the difference in feel off the PUTTER is noticeable between some balls and therefore you can have a preference one way or another.
    i dont care how it feels off the putter. by the time i feel anything the ball has gone. it could ring like a bell for all i care.

way too much rubbish gets spouted about regards to golf balls and people whole heartedly believe it and wont be told regardless of evidence. i just leave them to it and thank the 28 handicaper that finds a ad333 and throws it my way because "i only play pro v's mate"

i dont care how it feels off the putter. by the time i feel anything the ball has gone. it could ring like a bell for all i care.

way too much rubbish gets spouted about regards to golf balls and people whole heartedly believe it and wont be told regardless of evidence. i just leave them to it and thank the 28 handicaper that finds a ad333 and throws it my way because "i only play pro v's mate"
    There's a difference between a 28 handicapper, and someone in their teens and below.

If you want a brick that never stops and you can't get near a front pin, then crack on with your molitors, but most of the rest of us do spin it even moderately, and especially around the greens that helps get closer to the pin greatly.

Sweeping statement.
    Just because you believe something doesn't make it right for everyone. Let people think what they like, lifes too short.
    HCP 2017: 3.5(4)
    Selby GC

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Lump View Post
    Sweeping statement.
    Just because you believe something doesn't make it right for everyone. Let people think what they like, lifes too short.
    I'm not saying it's correct. I'm saying its my opinion as the title of the thread is "how do you pick your balls"