Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 4BBB Burgham Park, NE Area, 24th Sept

10.48 booked. Space for one more, only £10.

Come on you miserable bunch
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Stick me in, I'll just have to grin and bear the pain
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

Good man Martyn . It's the best way to cure a hangover.

I should add, coffee and a bacon buttie is in with the fee . What more could a golfer wish for.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

A stunning victory for team Tyrion in the open at Burgham today with a mighty net 63 (par 72) A funny format I haven't played in before, 4BBB strokeplay so every shot counted, and some confusion reigned for a while with the scorecards
    Am I glad I decided to get out of bed early this morning, lovely, looong course in great condition and top company, plus a win to boot
    Splash and his driver, insane, I'll never tire of seeing those booming draws lol.
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

Q-School Graduate splashtryagain's Avatar

Many thanks to Lord Tyrion for organising this - well done to the victors, you played very solidly. The clue should have come on the front nine when Paul and I were having to hole 20 footers to keep in sight.
    A course I had never heard of before but would gladly go back to - long, but wide, and in lovely condition.
    Thanks guys, well done - what was the prize?
    Odd that LT was the overall scorer for the comp....

Cracking stuff today and really good company, as it usually is with forum get togethers. Splashtryagain and Scotty Cameron put in a very respectable score, it was lads, I collated the scores, but Beezerk and myself smashed it out of the park today (okay so that is a bit dramatic but allow me a little licence).

We actually dovetailed very well which is the key to pairs golf. Beezerk kindly scored well on the longer holes where I struggle. He particularly helped on the last 6-7 holes where unbeknownst to him my back started to spasm!

All in all, a smashing day and another good advert for forum gatherings, even small ones. I also get to spend the winnings, golf vouchers, on golf gear without having to explain or justify to my wife 😁 for once.

Quote Originally Posted by splashtryagain View Post
    Many thanks to Lord Tyrion for organising this - well done to the victors, you played very solidly. The clue should have come on the front nine when Paul and I were having to hole 20 footers to keep in sight.
    A course I had never heard of before but would gladly go back to - long, but wide, and in lovely condition.
    Thanks guys, well done - what was the prize?
    Odd that LT was the overall scorer for the comp....
    Tbc but approx £75 each in golf vouchers will not be far out. Very happy😁🍻.

No card was coming in lower than our score, not one that didn't have "an error" anyway😂.

Well done lads good win!!!

Try get another date sorted for a meet and I'll happily come up for a game
    In The Bag:

Titleist 917 d3 8.5 degree
    Titleist T mb 2 iron
    Vega VC01 3-6 iron VM01 7-PW Shimada Tour X shafts
    Vega rafw 01 - 52 57 60
    Odyssey o works red 7

Club: Seaham golf club
    Twitter: cwayman90

Well done, lads, 63 is a cracking score. Wish I could have been there but am currently languishing in the Lake District, sans clubs. Please let me know when you're arranging anything else, Lord T, eager to play your course for the first time.
    Taylormade M1 9½°, Matrix Black Tie 6M3 Regular
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    TaylormadeSLDR Rescue 22°
    Mizuno JPX850 forged irons 4 - PW
    Titelist Vokey 50 & 58 wedges
    Cure RX4 putter (heavyweight magic wand)
    Vice Pro Plus ball
    H/C 9 @ ssgc.co.uk

Well done to Neil and Martyn on your win, you both gelled well together. Also thanks to Andy for putting up with my woeful performance, not used to playing off the whites at Burgham, it makes it a lot, lot harder than the yellows which I was used to.

Next time a game is arranged let me know, it's always worth the drive up the road to play a really good course in such condition.
    WITB 2017
    Driver: Mizuno JPX850 Speeder XLR8
    Fairways: Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood Fujikura Six Reg...............Taylormade R9 5 wood Fujikua Blur Reg
    Utilities: Cleveland 3H, 4H Matrix Ozik Reg
    Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged TT XP 95
    Wedges: Mizuno MP-T 4 52* & 58*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Prototype Santa Fe, Tel3 Mk1 Santa Fe, Napa LE, Newport 2.5
    Balls: Mizuno JPX-S
    All powered by a GoKart