Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Clubhouse or go home?

The clubhouse at a course I play at just seems permanently empty nowdays even thou the club has a full membership,the catering guy there was telling me less and less golfers are now going in the clubhouse after a round for a bevy or food,theres even members with 30 plus years at the club who never go in the clubhouse,clubs out of the car..play...clubs back in the car..home....clubhouse or go home?
    Nike Vapor Driver With Mitsubishi Fubuki Stiff Shaft 10.5 deg
    Nike Vapor Flex 3 Wood With Diamana Stiff Blue Shaft 15 deg
    Nike Vapor Flex Hybrid With Diamana Stiff Shaft 19 deg
    Adams GT irons 3-PW With Performance Lite Stiff Shafts
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52:08 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 56:10 Wedge
    Rife Iconic 3 Putter
    Titleist NXT Tour ball
    Titleist lightweight carry bag

Re: Clubhouse or go home?

At least tea and toast for me every time I play. I normally play on a Monday with the seniors and the vast majority use the clubhouse afterwards.

Q-School Graduate

Difficult one really, I rarely go in our clubhouse because by the time I've finished a round of an evening it's either to late and it's shut or I've run out of time and need to get off home...

I know what you're saying though, it's much the same at our place, in particular there's a group who play just about 5 mornings a week and never go in the clubhouse other than to use the lav's...

There's one chap who plays every morning (7 days a week unless it's persisting down) who turns up at 6:30am, never plays with anybody else or enters the comps other than to maintain his handicap and never goes in the clubhouse but he seems happy enough doing it that way...

Nowt so strange as folk...
    Wilson Deep-Red 3-wood (Fatshaft) King Cobra 7 wood. Macgregor DX 22* hybrid. 6-SW King Cobra 3100i/h. Maxfli 60*. Tour Edge 50*. Ping C67 putter...

Quote Originally Posted by shivas irons View Post
    The clubhouse at a course I play at just seems permanently empty nowdays even thou the club has a full membership,the catering guy there was telling me less and less golfers are now going in the clubhouse after a round for a bevy or food,theres even members with 30 plus years at the club who never go in the clubhouse,clubs out of the car..play...clubs back in the car..home....clubhouse or go home?
    i suppose its a lot of things that stop guys staying after for a bite and a pint. Drink Drive laws are much tougher now in Scotland. none of the guys i play with even risk a shandy anymore. when i first started playing with the same group of guys at Nairn most used to stay and have a bite to eat after., hardly any do now.
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

I basically always have breakfast (full English usually) before my round and one or two pints after the round. The only exceptions to this are when one or two of us don't have enough time for it before/after.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Callaway Supersoft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

Tour Rookie

Tea and toast then a pint after.
    I often sit in the bar just to talk to some of the older guys there's a couple of ex rugby lions and at least one England cricketer couple of footballers all in 70 s 80s now they are very entertaining to talk to.
    After the comp on sat you can't get a seat it's chocker.

Club Champion

Always stay for a pint after a weekend round in comp etc. Best way to meet new folk and always plenty of banter flying about.
    Me and the 7 of my mates who all play together regularly have a fine pot going for stuff like going in water on certain holes etc...if you don't stay for a pint after a weekend round then it's a 2 fine. All fines go towards a prize pot for our annual away day.

Mostly we go in for lunch but sometimes time doesn't allow it.
    On an away day we'd almost always go in for something..
    Epic 10
    Fusion 3w 15
    Big Bertha 5w 19
    Big Bertha 4h 22
    CF 16 5-PW
    Apex GW
    MD2 54/14 , 58/14c
    ProType 2-Ball

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Used to live in there for about 5 hours after a round on a Saturday. Few beers, various games of snooker then off for a curry with the guys. Midweek round would see me going in for an hour.

Not got into it up here yet but it doesn't seem particularly busy anyway.
    Give it big humpties

I try to go in each time regardless of where I am playing. It's like pro shops, if you don't use it you lose it.
    http://www.bangorgolfclubni.co.uk
    TM M2 Driver R11s 5W Cally 1 iron TM MC TP 3-pw Irons wedges and a putting thing.