Booking Golf Online

After booking our lads golf holiday using an online booking site, I've been trawling around it ever since and there are some amazing deals to be had!!!! We played on Sunday for 14 quid. A SUNDAY MORNING ! I'm currently looking for BH Monday, yes it's well documented I'm fed up with my place so I will be using for practice only in the week and looking for deals elsewhere. Lordy one club is offering a round (18 holes) for a tenner. It's a great place to play as well, I played it last year!!!!!

Never mind Garlic bread, this is the future !!!!!
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Assistant Pro

Re: Booking Golf Online

Unless you restricted to Sat or Sun Morn, I've found I can play golf so much cheaper than membership by taking up twilight offers, online offers etc. Rarely pay more than £20 and for nice courses too.

Accept it's not a direct comparison as you miss out on the benefits of membership, competitions etc, but worked really well for me this summer with young kids. Also means I don't feel restricted to my club and can play wherever I am e.g. closer to work, or closer to home and family.

Assistant Pro

Some great deals with the GolfNow app, OK if you want the best prices you need to be flexible and play at their times, but if the times are suitable you can play some lovely courses for little money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports_Fanatic View Post
    Unless you restricted to Sat or Sun Morn, I've found I can play golf so much cheaper than membership by taking up twilight offers, online offers etc. Rarely pay more than £20 and for nice courses too.

Accept it's not a direct comparison as you miss out on the benefits of membership, competitions etc, but worked really well for me this summer with young kids. Also means I don't feel restricted to my club and can play wherever I am e.g. closer to work, or closer to home and family.
    A place I'm looking at for next year offer membership for £100 + comps at reduced greenfee to keep H/C going. So three comps and then hit the Opens and online golf. The odd winter game when conditions meet my requirements will be cheap as chips too. I'm not fussed about full membership. I can't raised the enthusiam to get out of bed at 7am just to try and win a few quid of mates. I'd sooner play at 10.30 ish, but no one at my place does.
    In My Bag
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

I've contacted a mate regarding this plan and he's up for it.
    In My Bag
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy

I think your last post is the key to this. If you have a mate, or ideally a few, then this is fine. If you are trying to do this on your own then it is harder.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Tour Rookie

My mate and I use tee off times all the time

Thursday we playing nazeing golf club via groupon .. £48.. 4 ball, bacon roll , cuppa and finally 30 range balls

Not bad value for £12 each!!

Played twilight at my old club last night £9.50 and £10 for a buggy.. so cost me £14.50 in all

Much prefer playing different courses than the same course over and over..

Great deals to be had especially if you can be flexible when you tee off