Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Assistant Pro

Re: Unpopular putters

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Played another round with the Spalding Cash-In this evening, even with greens that had just been tined and sanded I returned a reasonable 32 putts, and that was using a manky old Penfold Ace red heart 1.62” ball.

Look it up, if you like a blade it's a good choice, as are so many old and forgotten putters.

Attachment 23493
    I think for the price I'll pick one up just to see how they feel
    In the bag. Driver: Callaway Big Bertha ...Driving iron: Ping G Crossover... Irons: 4-PW Srixon 545’s...Wedges: 50/56/60 Mizuno S5’s...Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport.

Assistant Pro

Tried a Rife 2 bar that my friend uses and it felt quite nice, very 'soft' I'd say.

An edel fitting sounds like quite an experience.

Just swapped over to the 2 ball white hot pro. Got it new as they are very cheap now. And didn't like the feel of the o works. But have no idea why I haven't got one sooner!!!
    Driver - Titleist 915 D3 Aldila RIP Phenom XStiff
    3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 - TourAD XStiff -
    Hybrid - Titliest 19 Deg H2 Hybrid Aldila XStiff
    Irons - Titleist AP2 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM6 - 51 55 59 S400
    Putter - Never Compromise Portafino Ltd Edition
    H/C 5.9

Another Rife user here. I have the 2 bar hybrid mallet. I've tried a few others but keep coming back to this.

Tour Winner

Radius putters are excellent.

Very pleased with my Tour Concept although the headcover might not be to everyone's taste

Another vote for SAM putlab fitting.
    In the bag, Ping i25 (10.5*); G25 H:17/20/23/27*; i25 6i-UW; 54 + 58 Tour Wedge. SC Newport 2.5 Putter Minchinhampton New Course

Your aim should be to make your putter unpopular with your FCs...

Head Pro

You go for a fitting and get the one that suits you best!!

I read through this thread and found it really interesting.

Now I may well get shot down in flames here but of all the clubs in the bag I always reckon the putter's the one where manufacturer's science and snake oil marketing spiel will carry least weight. I learnt to putt into a baked bean can in our front garden with an old wooden shafted Bobby Jones effort. (Aye 'appen times were reet tough lad)

I have a Ping Sedona (20 years old) and I have always used it since joing a club and becoming obsessed with golf. It's a simple thing with an unfussy design and like all clubs it's capricious - sometimes it behaves itself and other times it doesn't, but when it doesn't I only have to remember the good times to realise that there's nowt wrong with it.

I won a Scotty Newport a few years ago in a raffle but after putting with it on the lounge carpet I could see no benefit in its £320 price tag other than its undoubtedly very very very tasty aesthetics. So I chopped it back in to the Pro. I was unsure what its phenomenal cost brought to the table. Certainly nothing tangible for me, but I'm a simple mid-handicapper so...what the heck do I know?
    I used to have a signature until it became unfashionable.