Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66
  1. #1
    Challenge Tour Pro Sats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    614

    AG Voucher - Not as good as it used to be.

    Not a thread for posting if you want one or not! (Seen some weary posts)

    Seems AG have cut back on the vouchers - now you have to book 3 days in advance and only mon-fri, also the time limit for booking short to say the least.

    Alright for someone like me who has every Friday off, but what do you do if you're a Monday to Friday 9-5 slave?

    Are AG being tight? Or is it Golf Now? Personally this was the only real reason why I signed up to the AG club thing.
    Driver: CALLAWAY XR 9.5° ♠ Fairway: CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 16° ♠ Hybrid: CALLAWAY XR 19°/22º ♠ Irons: MIZUNO JPX EZ Forged 5-PW ♠ Wedges: CALLAWAY MD3 52°/58° ♠ Putter: BETTINARDI QUEEN BEE #8 ♠ Ball: CALLAWAY CHROME SOFT

  2. #2
    Ryder Cup Winner fundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milton Keynes, Bucks
    Posts
    14,256

    Re: AG Voucher - Not as good as it used to be.

    on the basis they are giving them away for free i think its up to them what restrictions they want to put on them!
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

    Handicap: 7

  3. #3
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    9,744

    Re: AG Voucher - Not as good as it used to be.

    The time frame seems similar to previous vouchers but the Monday-Friday restriction is a bit of a shame. Hopefully that will only apply to summer vouchers and not ones given out in winter or spring when it really would make them redundant for me.

    At the end of the day they are a bonus and that is how to look at them.

  4. #4
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,276

    Re: AG Voucher - Not as good as it used to be.

    Seems fair enough

    If you are lucky enough to have a 9 to 5 job you can afford to pay full green fees on weekends

  5. #5
    Journeyman Pro Garush34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    1,798

    Re: AG Voucher - Not as good as it used to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dasit View Post
    Seems fair enough

    If you are lucky enough to have a 9 to 5 job you can afford to pay full green fees on weekends
    That makes no sense, why does what shift you work mean you can afford a full green fee or not?
    In the Bag:

    Ping G 9 degree Std UST Mamiya Proforce V2 6F4
    Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    Cobra FLY-Z plus forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125 (bent to 50)
    Callaway mack daddy 2 54/14s KBS tour-v 110
    Callaway mack daddy 2 58/10s KBS tour-v 110
    Rife 460 Tour Blade


    Handicap - 18.3

    https://www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk/

  6. #6
    Grand Slam Winner Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    20,316

    Re: AG Voucher - Not as good as it used to be.

    I think that whatever the rules or criteria is to use the voucher, the bottom line is you're getting something for free! and after all, it's not like you're deliberately shopping in AG just to receive a voucher, you get them for just being a member so it really is something for nothing.

    I've received a voucher and not set foot in AG for 3-4 months so someone will benefit and will be very pleased to get mine, irrelevant of the different system.

    And as for the new system, what's wrong with booking 3-days in advance and having a time limit of 4 weeks (1 month), you can't have people just turning up at courses expecting to play, 4 weeks to arrange a game Mon-Fri for free and people are moaning, sheesh

  7. #7
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Havering
    Posts
    2,310

    Re: AG Voucher - Not as good as it used to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I think that whatever the rules or criteria is to use the voucher, the bottom line is you're getting something for free! and after all, it's not like you're deliberately shopping in AG just to receive a voucher, you get them for just being a member so it really is something for nothing.

    I've received a voucher and not set foot in AG for 3-4 months so someone will benefit and will be very pleased to get mine, irrelevant of the different system.

    And as for the new system, what's wrong with booking 3-days in advance and having a time limit of 4 weeks (1 month), you can't have people just turning up at courses expecting to play, 4 weeks to arrange a game Mon-Fri for free and people are moaning, sheesh
    100% agree

    I haven't shopped in AG since my £10 birthday voucher in march.... before that was when I got all new irons and a driver in sept of last year

    Anyways in that time they have sent me these vouchers... I've not be able to use them yet but every time I give it to my friend who plays 2-3 times a week

    This time I actually have the chance to use it

    It's free!! No complaints here

  8. #8
    Q-School Graduate road2ruin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    888

    Re: AG Voucher - Not as good as it used to be.

    Agree with the above. I get the code sent to me however haven't shopped there for ages. I tend to end up giving the code away on here etc to someone who will benefit as I usually can't. Given it's free I think any restrictions put on the round are fair enough.

  9. #9
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Havering
    Posts
    2,310

    Re: AG Voucher - Not as good as it used to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by road2ruin View Post
    Agree with the above. I get the code sent to me however haven't shopped there for ages. I tend to end up giving the code away on here etc to someone who will benefit as I usually can't. Given it's free I think any restrictions put on the round are fair enough.
    To stick to the restrictions if I want to play next thursday its going to cost £8 for 2 of us to play a course nearby.... £4 each using a code each? blooming brilliant

    going to be playing anyways so if it works out as £4 more to spend another time
    In the bag
    TM M2 10.5 Driver
    TM M2 3 wood
    Ping G15 5 wood
    TM Jetspeed 3 Hybrid
    TM Jetspeed 4 Hybrid
    Titliest 716 ap1 6-PW
    SM5 vokey wedges 50, 54 , 58 degree
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 2 Ball with superstroke mid 2.0 grip

  10. #10
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    165

    Re: AG Voucher - Not as good as it used to be.

    The first voucher had no limit so I played a course (Sonning GC) that would have cost me £32 normally. Then they limited to £20 value (still 7 days). Now, it is still £20 value but Mon-Fri only.
    As others have said, it is up to them, but Mon-Fri is a pain for 9-5 bods like myself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

54 Common Golf Questions You Asked Google… Answered

Here we take a look at some of the most common golf questions asked on Google using their auto-correct system

June 22, 2018

Greg Norman Poses Nude For ESPN Body Issue

The Great White Shark has got his kit off for ESPN's Body Issue

June 22, 2018

What Tour Players Splash Their Cash On

With millions in the bank, what do pro golfers spend their money on?

June 21, 2018

Play in the BMW Golf Cup International at Woburn

Golf Monthly readers are being offered the exclusive opportunity to play in the Regional Final for the BMW Golf Cup International over the superb Marquess Course at Woburn with a chance to go on and compete in the National and World Finals in St Andrews and Mexico.

June 21, 2018