Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Solheim Cup

Re: Solheim Cup

Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    Really don't get all the slow play gripes here. I watched it all day and at no time did I think they were particularly slow other than Lexi's putt on 18 which was forgivable in the context of that match. The pro game is slow generally and these were the most high pressured matches many of these players will ever play.
    Some of it was getting silly. There was one where the USA girl (can't remember her name) had her putt lined up by her caddy (wrong imo), picked her marker up, looked at her putt again, re marked her ball and adjusted it about half a millimeter, before starting the whole pre shot routine all over again!

Handicap 28>27>25.8>25.4>25.5>24.7>23.7>23.3.>22>20.5>17.6. 17.7>17.8>17.9>18>17.7
    http://www.newforestgolfclub.co.uk/

Actually, I really don't think the putting was slower than in other pro events. It is more that with the match play format and only a few groups out there, the footage dwells on it much longer. In a normal four round stroke play comp we normally only get to see the putt (which from the viewers standpoint is enough, of course) and not the preparation that goes into it, because there is enough other stuff going on at the same time, that they can show. That's why it appears so much slower. But in truth it is always very slow compared to a normal amateur round.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    The sooner the rule comes in to stop Caddies helping players line up puts/shots the better, the length of time it took some of the players to take a shot was ridiculous. Watching Kang I think it was line up a putt on Saturday night I fell asleep, only to wake up on the replay to see she missed the putt.
    Professionals should be ashamed that they are getting their caddies to line up putts. It should be banned.

I stopped watching after day 1, too painfully slow to watch. I have a feeling the last Ryder cup wasn't much quicker mind.

A caddie is there to help the player with carrying, club choice, strategy, course information like yardages and wind and slopes on greens. I don't see how they can help with all that then not be allowed to help line up a putt. It's the time taken rather than the helping that's the issue.
    Cobra Biocell 1w
    Progen Chromo 3w, 3r and 4r
    Callaway Razr X Forged 4-pw
    Cleveland 588 gw
    Wilson Staff FG Tour lw
    S-Blade Curvewing putter

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron View Post
    How quickly did Sky drop this from their channel once the loss had been confirmed. Red button only now
    Would never have happened on the BBC ..

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    Would never have happened on the BBC ..
    Well, it sure as hell is better than the German coverage two years ago, when the German public tv, which did have exclusive broadcast rights for Germany, switched their coverage off 10 min before the final decision to show a re-run of an election of a local wine-queen (I kid you not). No red button or stream available as an alternative either. That really sucked.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    Well, it sure as hell is better than the German coverage two years ago, when the German public tv, which did have exclusive broadcast rights for Germany, switched their coverage off 10 min before the final decision to show a re-run of an election of a local wine-queen (I kid you not). No red button or stream available as an alternative either. That really sucked.
    Christ, If this one is anything to go by I bet the Golf Monatsforum went apoplectic with rage.

And out of interest, who did win the election. As a wine queen sounds like someone I'd quite like to meet.

Were there a billion ads on sky? The host broadcast seemed like they were taking the piss with the amount of time the leaderboard was being shown on the youtube stream I was watching (from the Netherlands, think that was accessible whereever there was no deal in place with traditional telly)
    9.5* Ping i20 Stock Stiff
    15* Taylormade R15 Fujikura FUEL 60 S
    18* Adams Pro DHY Aldila Tour Blue 85 S
    4-PW John Letters Master Model S300
    52*,56*,60* John Letters Tour Black DG Spinner
    34" Odyssey Metal X Milled #1
    2016 Handicap par 73 SSS71 - 10.0 -> 10.1 (NR,95 adj) -> 10.2 (net 79)
    http://www.driftgolfclub.com/golf/

Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoke View Post
    Slow play, also lining up shots to the fairway and putts, some of these players are seriously going to struggle on there own.You obviously like women's golf and have your blinkers on just like me with my athletics lol.

I thought it was great. It was definitely slow, Laura Davies even made reference to the pace of play, but it's wasn't really detrimental to the quality of the event.

Assistant Pro

Play wasn't fast but I didn't find it that much worse than other golf on TV. It was a huge occasion for many of the players and if you miss that putt your letting your whole team down not just yourself like normal golf so you can forgive them taking a bit extra care. Was quite exciting for a short spell when Europe were up it almost all the matches and were holing lots of putts. Best team won but Europe dug in well and made USA work for it. Obviously lost it in the fourballs with only 1 point out of 8.