Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    127

    Apple Watch Apps

    Anyone recommend the best golf app for the series 2 Apple watch? How useful and accurate do you find it compared to a dedicated golf watch or laser.

  2. #2
    Tour Winner JT77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,584

    Re: Apple Watch Apps

    I use Hole19 on mine, in conjunction with my bushnell as it gives front middle back distances and the range finder I use for the pin, find it very handy.
    Ping G400 10.5 Tour 65 x
    Ping G400 3 wood Tour 65 x
    Taylormade 2 iron Ctaper Stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Tours Ctaper Stiff
    Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS V90
    Scotty Cameron Newport M1
    6.8

  3. #3
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,249

    Re: Apple Watch Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by pool888 View Post
    Anyone recommend the best golf app for the series 2 Apple watch? How useful and accurate do you find it compared to a dedicated golf watch or laser.
    Hole 19 is outstanding and free

    I use gamegolf live with mine now tho and it all runs using my phone as a hub.. it's proper great and means I'm just using one device for the lot

  4. #4
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    393

    Re: Apple Watch Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    Hole 19 is outstanding and free

    I use gamegolf live with mine now tho and it all runs using my phone as a hub.. it's proper great and means I'm just using one device for the lot
    Paul, can you clarify how it works with GG Live. I have the original GG and am debating the upgrade as its on offer, having recently bought an Apple Watch.

    I use a Tom Tom Golfer at the mo, but really just for F/M/B approaches. Was hoping the Apple watch would replace that.

    I think GG on the watch would be OK, but as i don't have Live it is going to ask me to select a club before each shot on my watch (when I am used to tagging).

    Guess that GG Live doesn't need you to do that, but can you interchange between tagging on your belt or inputting on the watch?

    Cheers.
    In the bag:TM M1 10.5 Driver; TM M2 5 Wood; Callaway Big Bertha 4 hybrid; Ping G irons 4-PW: Cleveland Rotex 588 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges; Scotty Golo 5 www.wragbarn.co.uk Handicap 14.1>14.2>14.3

  5. #5
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,249

    Re: Apple Watch Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJay View Post
    Paul, can you clarify how it works with GG Live. I have the original GG and am debating the upgrade as its on offer, having recently bought an Apple Watch.

    I use a Tom Tom Golfer at the mo, but really just for F/M/B approaches. Was hoping the Apple watch would replace that.

    I think GG on the watch would be OK, but as i don't have Live it is going to ask me to select a club before each shot on my watch (when I am used to tagging).

    Guess that GG Live doesn't need you to do that, but can you interchange between tagging on your belt or inputting on the watch?

    Cheers.
    You have a tagging system as normal but on your watch you get the distances to the green front middle and back. You also get a number on the left which is how many shots you have taken (so you know when it's tagged) and when on the green you can tap "add putt" if you so choose .. useful if you chip to say a foot and are given it by your PP

  6. #6
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    393

    Re: Apple Watch Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    You have a tagging system as normal but on your watch you get the distances to the green front middle and back. You also get a number on the left which is how many shots you have taken (so you know when it's tagged) and when on the green you can tap "add putt" if you so choose .. useful if you chip to say a foot and are given it by your PP
    Thanks, may have to pull the trigger on the upgrade then, seeing as its half price at the moment!
    In the bag:TM M1 10.5 Driver; TM M2 5 Wood; Callaway Big Bertha 4 hybrid; Ping G irons 4-PW: Cleveland Rotex 588 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges; Scotty Golo 5 www.wragbarn.co.uk Handicap 14.1>14.2>14.3

  7. #7
    Assistant Pro TheMetalMan0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    158

    Re: Apple Watch Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    Hole 19 is outstanding and free

    I use gamegolf live with mine now tho and it all runs using my phone as a hub.. it's proper great and means I'm just using one device for the lot
    Do you find the app gets stuck at all? Every time I use it, it seems to get stuck on a hole on the phone, which then stops the watch being updated too. When I then go to the phone, the gamegolf lock screen isn't being shown, just my normal lock screen. Not sure if it's being interrupted by notifications on the phone or if I'm getting too far away from the phone. I keep my phone in my bag, maybe it should be in my pocket?
    TaylorMade SuperFast Burner 2.0
    SLDR S 5 Wood
    Callaway X-22 4-PW
    Norman Drew 52, 56, 60
    Odyssey White Hot #7

    Game Golf

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Stop Getting On Rory McIlroy’s Back, We’re Lucky To Have Him

Having seen some recent social media comments, I feel it is time to remember just how good Rory McIlroy is after a season plagued by injury

September 20, 2017

Justin Rose Pledges Support To Save Southwood Golf Course In Hampshire

Southwood Golf Course in Farnborough, Hampshire is under threat from the local council and Olympic gold medallist Justin Rose pledged support to save the course he played as a junior

September 20, 2017

American Golf Deals: The Best Current Offers

We check out the best deal that retailer American Golf currently have on their site

September 20, 2017

Tour Championship Golf Betting Tips

The finale of the 2017 PGA Tour season happens at East Lake Golf Club check out who we think will do well with these Tour Championship Golf Betting Tips

September 19, 2017

Portugal Masters Golf Betting Tips

The European Tour is getting towards the end of the season, check out who the GM Tipster has picked to do well with these Portugal Masters Golf Betting Tips

September 19, 2017