Hacker

Question regarding recent purchase

Recently bought a set of irons from directgolf. Cleveland 588 MT's.

Upon receiving them I noticed I've been sent a set of 588 TT irons, bar the 9 as it is a 588 MT.

They were clearance irons and extremely cheap, and since I've bought them their no longer for sale on the site. I'm just wondering what the best course of action is? Send them back & refund as they've no more sets, or buy a matching 9 iron?

I've been told the TT set are for better players. I am currently playing @ 16 handicap, wondering if the TT irons are ok for a handicap in that range?

Just trying to make a decision before I go ahead and use them, or buy a matching 9 iron etc.

Thanks.
    Taylormade Tour Burner Superfast 8.5
    TaylorMade Burner 3 Wood 15
    Mizuno MX 23 3 - SW
    Odyssey White Hot Putter

Handicap - 16

Re: Question regarding recent purchase

The 588 TTs were regarded as being at the game improvement end of the "players clubs". Handicap is not a perfect reflection of ball striking so wouldn't rule yourself out at all.

Do check you can source a replacement club. The 588 range were their current offerings when the owners moved them to a wedge + putter only brand (although they are just returning with a new range of clubs now)

Re: Question regarding recent purchase

You could try contacting Cleveland direct and see if they can source the right club for you