Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    61,067

    Re: Marking a ball before play.

    Quote Originally Posted by rosecott View Post
    I can't believe it.
    Sad but true

  2. #12
    Money List Winner therod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    5,266

    Re: Marking a ball before play.

    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Sad but true
    I'm not one to tell tales, but it was that there chrisd. Did you notice the green sharpie all over his fingers. Turns out he was fuming when you fired it into the green whilst he was still putting out

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    61,067

    Re: Marking a ball before play.

    Quote Originally Posted by therod View Post
    I'm not one to tell tales, but it was that there chrisd. Did you notice the green sharpie all over his fingers. Turns out he was fuming when you fired it into the green whilst he was still putting out
    No one on the green when I played the shot. Even my PP's thought the group in front had moved on, with no players or bags visible. Blinding shot I played too but was emotionally scarred by the reckless vandalism of my ball and failed to make the putt

  4. #14
    Money List Winner therod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    5,266

    Re: Marking a ball before play.

    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    No one on the green when I played the shot. Even my PP's thought the group in front had moved on, with no players or bags visible. Blinding shot I played too but was emotionally scarred by the reckless vandalism of my ball and failed to make the putt
    The bags were there, you could have killed the old fella !!

  5. #15
    Money List Winner ScienceBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    8,474

    Re: Marking a ball before play.

    Something we have all done at least once.

    Usually it's that perfect angle where all players and bags are hidden and the green looks little lovely and clear.

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    61,067

    Re: Marking a ball before play.

    Quote Originally Posted by therod View Post
    The bags were there, you could have killed the old fella !!
    Not one of our group could see any bags and all said I was good to go. I'm not good enough to hit a moving target so the old boy was perfectly safe

  7. #17
    Money List Winner therod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    5,266

    Re: Marking a ball before play.

    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Not one of our group could see any bags and all said I was good to go. I'm not good enough to hit a moving target so the old boy was perfectly safe
    I've never seen Chris move so quick, it was a good test of his hips!!!
    Was a good shot. Shame about the putt

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    61,067

    Re: Marking a ball before play.

    Quote Originally Posted by therod View Post
    I've never seen Chris move so quick, it was a good test of his hips!!!
    Was a good shot. Shame about the putt
    I was emotionally scarred by the attack on my ball. A quivering husk of a golfer

  9. #19
    Money List Winner therod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    5,266

    Re: Marking a ball before play.

    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    I was emotionally scarred by the attack on my ball. A quivering husk of a golfer
    You have a point. I'm sure you were on the cusp of single figs then??
    Is Chris to blame for the slight hiccup?

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    61,067

    Re: Marking a ball before play.

    Quote Originally Posted by therod View Post
    You have a point. I'm sure you were on the cusp of single figs then??
    Is Chris to blame for the slight hiccup?
    Now that is a very interesting point. Now you've brought it up it could be the source of all my problems. He's scarred me mentally and ruined my game. Where's there's blame........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

The Honda Classic Golf Betting Tips

A strong European contingent has assembled in Florida, check out who we think will do well with these The Honda Classic Golf Betting Tips

February 20, 2018

WATCH: Man Holes INCREDIBLE Putt To Win $100,000!

Paul Shadle holed a 125 foot putt at the Minnesota Golf Show to win a boat worth $75,000 plus $25,000 in cash

February 20, 2018

Greg Norman: ‘I Don’t Care What Tiger Does’

Former world number one Greg Norman isn't interested in watching Tiger Woods this year

February 20, 2018

Qatar Masters Golf Betting Tips

Check out who Golf Monthly think will do well on the European Tour this week with this Qatar Masters golf betting guide

February 20, 2018

PXG Custom Fit Van Stolen In Birmingham

The PXG custom fit van was stolen in Birmingham City Centre over the weekend and is the only one of its kind in Europe

February 20, 2018