Tour Winner

878 Rounds In A Year - WOW

Just seen this pop up in my feed, 878 rounds of golf in a year, walking and carrying......WOW!

makes my 156 last year seem fairly trivial, and even out does Liverpool Phil!

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/video/...bsessed-golfer

Q-School Graduate Pathetic Shark's Avatar

Re: 878 Rounds In A Year - WOW

I used to work with Barry when he based here in the UK with IBM. He's a decent guy, plays off about 10.
    He came to Pyrford and played off the back tees, shot about 95 and left commenting "last time I play this bloody stupid course".
    https://www.fanragsports.com/golf/

Get the latest golf news, updates, score and more. The European Tour, the PGA Tour, the Seniors Tour.

I reckon Jason Dransfield could do that in a month
    H'cap 14.5

That's 2 1/2 rounds per day. Without taking Christmas off. I mean, I like golf. I really do. But I think, even if I didn't need to worry about money (or a social life at that) and was living somewhere where it never rains ... I don't think I could (or would want to at that) do more than a round a day with at least one day off every week.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60, Odyssey White Hot putter

Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    That's 2 1/2 rounds per day. Without taking Christmas off. I mean, I like golf. I really do. But I think, even if I didn't need to worry about money (or a social life at that) and was living somewhere where it never rains ... I don't think I could (or would want to at that) do more than a round a day with at least one day off every week.
    My hands would be nothing but blisters. And the state my feet would in after all the walking. If I were a retired millionaire I'd probably play 3 times a week as a happy average.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12)
    • Slazenger Firesteel 5 wood (from original starter set )
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50
    • Dunlop Tour 60
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Callaway Supersofts
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

Q-School Graduate

Played 21 rounds in 12 days on holiday in Florida .
    Buggies were used always and I was shattered when I got home.
    Phisically that's a lot of golf on your body.
    well done that man to play that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    Lightweight 😀
    No signature any more as they are now frowned upon. But I do play with these...Ping G30 10.5 TFC 419D reg TM M1 3 wood HL regTM RBZ 4 hybridPing G30 5 - U wedgeCleveland CG16 52 & 58 Black Pearl Tour ZipEvnroll ER5 Hatchback 33"Skycaddie LinxStewart X7 Lithium Remote Dream Machine!

I have to be honest and say I'd get bored playing that much. I wonder what effect it has on his game and what his handicap has done, assuming as he's US based he'd have to submit cards for each round (assume that's correct). Personally I'd want time off to work at my game and try and improve not simply play, play play. Just a personal opinion of course and while it's not the same course all the time I wonder how much he got to enjoy each of these. Sounds like, turn up, play, go off to the next

If someone offered me the chance I would bite their hand off.

12 months of no worries and just pure excercice.

Unless he had a steak pies s a cheeky pint in the 19th most nights.

As someone above wrote, even, if I won the Euromillions this coming Friday and didn't need to work ever again, 3 or 4 rounds a week would be more than enough.

HE has a very understanding golfing wife, but even she said that at 87 (10%) rounds played she thought that was excessive. A little under twice a week that would be nice.
    Last edited by Khamelion; 14-Aug-2017 at 08:07.
    H4H - HC Challenge

Khamelion 20.3 -> 19 (19.2)

Bazzatron 20 -> ???