Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: World Athletics Championship

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    the op asked for views.... this was my view
    Likewise.

In my case HID loves it so, in the spirit of compromise given all the golf I watch, I end up watching, wouldn't give it the time of day otherwise.
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.5

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    the op asked for views.... this was my view
    Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    Likewise.

In my case HID loves it so, in the spirit of compromise given all the golf I watch, I end up watching, wouldn't give it the time of day otherwise.
    No disrespect to you both but one of the reasons threads turn into arguments is because people post and have nothing to add, not just this one loads of them.

There is a thread about Hoovers for which I have not even looked at because firstly I'm not interested and secondly I can guarantee I have nothing to add.
    I could add something that will add nothing but why would I do that, absolutely pointless as I'm sure it would rile someone.

Athletics is not for everyone I know that but these guys and girls have had it tough for a long time, way before they were in major champs
    The sacrifices athletes have to make to get anywhere near the top of any sport is amazing and spans years.

I'm sure you will pick me up on something soon I have these mood swings and am far from perfect, just sticking up for something I'm passionate about.
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9

Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014
    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2015

The only one arguing is you

I'm not interested in athletics but since I'm currently subjected to watching it night after night I am interested in a thread about it... even if all I want is a wee loan about it.

It'd be a dull place if anyone asking for opinions was only met with boundless positivity!
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.5

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoke View Post
    No disrespect to you both but one of the reasons threads turn into arguments is because people post and have nothing to add, not just this one loads of them.

There is a thread about Hoovers for which I have not even looked at because firstly I'm not interested and secondly I can guarantee I have nothing to add.
    I could add something that will add nothing but why would I do that, absolutely pointless as I'm sure it would rile someone.

Athletics is not for everyone I know that but these guys and girls have had it tough for a long time, way before they were in major champs
    The sacrifices athletes have to make to get anywhere near the top of any sport is amazing and spans years.

I'm sure you will pick me up on something soon I have these mood swings and am far from perfect, just sticking up for something I'm passionate about.

you posting calling us haters and moaners, doesn't help these things going off though does it ?

the vacuums tread i imagine asks for advice so not the same, the OP asked for opinions on WAC, which i have given..
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Have really enjoyed it, bar the disappointing performances from some of the UK athletes. Maybe that's down to expectation after 2 very good Olympics.

Love most sports, athletics being one of my favourites probably because of being a competitor in several county championships 40 years back. Once upon a time I didn't run for a bus, I overtook it!! Now I wait patiently for the next one...
    Give it big humpties

Global Moderator PhilTheFragger's Avatar

Driver Callaway Epic
    5 Wood Callaway XR A Flex
    Hybrid Callaway Epic 3
    Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 5
    Irons 5-PW Orka GS5 CTI Flatline 80A Graphite
    Wedges Callaway Mack Daddy2 52, 58 degree A-Flex
    Putter Ping Scottsdale Grayhawk 34 inch with Fatso 50 Grip
    Handicap 19.8 Whipsnade Park GC
    2017 Imurg Challenge: Me 12 : 22 Him

Are we, GB, still sitting on only One medal ........ not exactly inspiring stuff is it ...

I've enjoyed watching it, but as with most sports these days I haven't enjoyed listening to it - commentary & punditry are things the Beeb really struggle with.

The women's 1500 was brilliant, the men's long jump and Pole vault were exciting and I thought our 800 bloke was going to squeeze in for a bronze right at the death.

The ridiculous excuse for an interview with the woman from the IAAF was embarrasing however, I'm amazed she was composed enough not to just get up and tell them all to sod off (but less politely)

I have enjoyed it and London have organised it very well. I have a few friends there as officials and athletes and they say bar the bad weather and underperformance it's been a great event.
    There will always be controversy about the drug cheats and we all have opinions on those. Being relatively close to some athletes it is a lot worse than is perceived in the media and that's going some. I guess that is for another thread....

Just watched the women's 1500m and sure there was a bloke running in it 😏