Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54
  1. #1
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,957

    Southport Links Championship - leading scorer -21 through 2 rounds

    Not sure if many of you know anything about this event, but it looks brilliant in ever way, courses, value, organisation etc.

    anyhow, the leader after 2 rounds has scored - 45 & 48pts off of 7!!! -21 through 2 rounds!!!

    i don't care how 'hot' someone gets, that is suspicious to me.

    suprised his name isn't Muldoon!!!
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.2

  2. #2
    Money List Winner pokerjoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Taunton ,Somerset
    Posts
    9,656

    Re: Southport Links Championship - leading scorer -21 through 2 rounds

    What are the prizes?
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9


    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014
    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2015

  3. #3
    Journeyman Pro Karl102's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    2,364

    Re: Southport Links Championship - leading scorer -21 through 2 rounds

    Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoke View Post
    What are the prizes?
    From the website: winner will win a £500 voucher and The Southport Coast Links Trophy . The 5 Venues are Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Formby Ladies Golf Club, West Lancashire Golf Club, Hillside Golf Club, hosting the qualifying for Royal Birkdale and Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club on the last day for the non-qualifiers .

    That's some scoring. Formby ladies is short, but not overly easy... will be interesting to see a score at West Lancs if the wind shows its teeth!

  4. #4
    Ryder Cup Winner fundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milton Keynes, Bucks
    Posts
    13,209

    Re: Southport Links Championship - leading scorer -21 through 2 rounds

    Quote Originally Posted by MendieGK View Post
    Not sure if many of you know anything about this event, but it looks brilliant in ever way, courses, value, organisation etc.

    anyhow, the leader after 2 rounds has scored - 45 & 48pts off of 7!!! -21 through 2 rounds!!!

    i don't care how 'hot' someone gets, that is suspicious to me.

    suprised his name isn't Muldoon!!!
    so hes shot 2 under and 5 under gross - pretty good golf however suspicious the handicap is!!!
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

    Handicap: 7

  5. #5
    Tour Rookie Hosel Fade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Surrey/Berks
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Southport Links Championship - leading scorer -21 through 2 rounds

    9.5* Ping i20 Stock Stiff
    15* Taylormade R15 Fujikura FUEL 60 S
    18* Adams Pro DHY Aldila Tour Blue 85 S
    4-PW John Letters Master Model S300
    52*,56*,60* John Letters Tour Black DG Spinner
    34" Odyssey Metal X Milled #1
    2016 Handicap par 73 SSS71 - 10.0 -> 10.1 (NR,95 adj) -> 10.2 (net 79)
    http://www.driftgolfclub.com/golf/

  6. #6
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Posts
    3,200

    Re: Southport Links Championship - leading scorer -21 through 2 rounds

    Anybody is capable of a good round
    Anybody is capable of a freaky type scoring round

    However, scoring like that, 2 rounds in a row on top courses, isn't normal, it isn't just suspicious, We all know what is , without using the CH.....word

    No longer can it be said, golf is a game played by gentlemen
    This sort of thing is rife

  7. #7
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,537

    Re: Southport Links Championship - leading scorer -21 through 2 rounds

    Quote Originally Posted by moogie View Post
    Anybody is capable of a good round
    Anybody is capable of a freaky type scoring round

    However, scoring like that, 2 rounds in a row on top courses, isn't normal, it isn't just suspicious, We all know what is , without using the CH.....word

    No longer can it be said, golf is a game played by gentlemen
    This sort of thing is rife
    WOW! Calling someone cheat based on the 'facts' established in 6 forum posts. God forbid any of you have a good round one day. Is it not entirely possible this could just be good play? I'm a 11 hcp and shot +4 gross twice in a short space of time earlier this year, both in industry golf days, should I be called a cheat too?
    Handicap 2014-2017 yo yo'in between 10.2 & 11

  8. #8
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Posts
    3,200

    Re: Southport Links Championship - leading scorer -21 through 2 rounds

    Quote Originally Posted by mashleyR7 View Post
    WOW! Calling someone cheat based on the 'facts' established in 6 forum posts. God forbid any of you have a good round one day. Is it not entirely possible this could just be good play? I'm a 11 hcp and shot +4 gross twice in a short space of time earlier this year, both in industry golf days, should I be called a cheat too?


    I've seen 48pts in society golf, never in a club comp, that I've been a member of
    Yes I've seen 45
    But that's generally fast improving double digit handicap golfers
    Can't recall ever seeing a single digit golfer score like that at any club I've been a member of
    It was stated he was a 7

    So that's 2 under gross, followed up by a 5 under gross

    I've yet to play with a 7 capper that can do that.......have you.....??

  9. #9
    Tour Winner Beezerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,984

    Re: Southport Links Championship - leading scorer -21 through 2 rounds

    Quote Originally Posted by moogie View Post
    I've seen 48pts in society golf, never in a club comp, that I've been a member of
    Yes I've seen 45
    But that's generally fast improving double digit handicap golfers
    Can't recall ever seeing a single digit golfer score like that at any club I've been a member of
    It was stated he was a 7

    So that's 2 under gross, followed up by a 5 under gross

    I've yet to play with a 7 capper that can do that.......have you.....??
    He has a point like.

  10. #10
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,957

    Re: Southport Links Championship - leading scorer -21 through 2 rounds

    Quote Originally Posted by mashleyR7 View Post
    WOW! Calling someone cheat based on the 'facts' established in 6 forum posts. God forbid any of you have a good round one day. Is it not entirely possible this could just be good play? I'm a 11 hcp and shot +4 gross twice in a short space of time earlier this year, both in industry golf days, should I be called a cheat too?
    You are correct it is possible, BUT you'd still be 7 shots behind after 2 rounds!! let that sink in. 7shots!!!
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Golfer Pays $210,000 For A Lesson With Tiger Woods

How much would you pay for a lesson with Tiger?

December 13, 2017

Southwood Golf Course To Close

Southwood Golf Course in Farnborough is to close and will be turned into a natural green space

December 13, 2017

10 New Year’s Resolutions For Every Golfer

A new year calls for new resolutions. It’s time to wipe the worries of 2017 away and start over with a fresh new slate. Dust off your clubs, stock up on tees and forget about all those three putts. Enjoy your golf game even more this season by taking up these New Year’s resolutions. By Sam Tremlett

December 12, 2017

Golf To Scrap Viewer Call-Ins On Rules Infringements

Golf's governing bodies have responded to the Lexi Thompson debacle in April

December 11, 2017

Shubhankar Sharma wins Joburg Open

Shubhankar Sharma of India held his nerve to win the weather-delayed Joburg Open at the Randpark Golf Club by three shots from South Africa’s Erik Van Rooyen.

December 11, 2017