Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mental Issues

Re: Mental Issues

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    I was a big fan of this and went to the launch with GM at the Grove. However, I have to be honest I've a) neglected it significantly and b) lost the book I bought. It's a very simple technique and does work so you've pricked my conscience and will start looking at this again
    To be fair Homer I thought it was was a crock of shehilte and I'm a strong advocate of working on the mental side of the game
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

I have solved it!

You imagine one of your mates ripping you for being a nutjob and think to yourself "I'm not giving you the satisfaction".

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    To be fair Homer I thought it was was a crock of shehilte and I'm a strong advocate of working on the mental side of the game
    Interesting you found it rubbish. I thought it gave some good insights and thoughts in a simple way (better than a chapter of waffle from Rotella to get a nugget) and some of the stuff (one more club etc) is more common sense than earth shattering mental retraining. It's just trying to break down golfer ego.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Interesting you found it rubbish. I thought it gave some good insights and thoughts in a simple way (better than a chapter of waffle from Rotella to get a nugget) and some of the stuff (one more club etc) is more common sense than earth shattering mental retraining. It's just trying to break down golfer ego.
    I agree with you on Rotella, but I bought the book and just thought it was poorly written and mixed up mental issues with slow play rants
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

I tried the "Feeling Groovy" thing yesterday. My mum now officailly thinks I am crazy. It did not neccessarily help my golf, but it surely helped my mood.

I wish I could whistle. That would drive my playing partners absolutely nuts.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

Quote Originally Posted by Region3 View Post
    I have solved it!

You imagine one of your mates ripping you for being a nutjob and think to yourself "I'm not giving you the satisfaction".

NR King
    10 hcp and rising.