Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Accomodation in Manchester

I am currently planning a golf trip to Mancheter for the end of September. Does anyone know an affordable B&B or guest house in the area? I'll probably have a rental car, so I will be mobile (even though I might prefer public transport whenever possible, the thought of driving on the left through Manchester traffic make me panic slightly) and I will get lessons at Trafford Golf Centre, so the west side of the city (Trafford, Salford etc.) is preferred.

Also, if someone want to play a round of golf with me during that time (Sep 25th to Oct 1st), contact me via pm. I'd love the chance to meet some of you that way.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60, Odyssey White Hot putter

Re: Accomodation in Manchester

i used to have to go to Manchester quite often with work, i can't recommend any good places to stay, but Parking is a nightmare in the centre, so would think about staying outside if i were you
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Club Champion

I've used Airbnb a few times and always been very good! It's a big city though so plenty of places to stay.

Salford and surrounding is not nice. As suggested maybe airbnb and look around Hale, Bowdon or Sale. All just a few miles from the Trafford golf centre, on the right side of Manchester and much more pleasant. Hopefully some locals will give you better info, I used to live nearby but my knowledge is out of date now.

Not stayed in many hotels in Manchester as I live here, but the Travelodge at Trafford Park is decent enough and have stayed there previously. Clean rooms, comfortable beds. Not anything fancy but will do the job for a few nights. Also right next to Trafford Golf Centre, so if you're planning on being down there quite a bit it's very close.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 5-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 14.0

Lancaster GC

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2501 View Post
    Not stayed in many hotels in Manchester as I live here, but the Travelodge at Trafford Park is decent enough and have stayed there previously. Clean rooms, comfortable beds. Not anything fancy but will do the job for a few nights. Also right next to Trafford Golf Centre, so if you're planning on being down there quite a bit it's very close.
    Personally think the premier Inns are better than the Travelodge.
    SDLR Matrix black tie
    R11s 4 Wood
    RBZ Stage 2 Rescue
    TM UDI
    TM RSI2
    Cleveland Wedges
    Fang 2 ball
    Pro V1
    H/cap. 12.6
    The York (strensall) Golf Club

Ryder Cup Winner

Airbnb is a very good option, there are 2 premier inns at the Trafford Centre including one beside the Golf Centre

Q-School Graduate

Hi it might be worth looking at Bolton its only 20 mins (after rush hour) and hotels will be cheaper for sure. Also defo fancy a game if your free

I would look at Altrincham... very close to the airport and Trafford Golf. Some nice courses too! Dunham Forrest and Ringway are really close. Will have to see how work is, but could host at Lymm if you like....

Like has been said premier inn next door to trafford golf centre

Out of interest who are you having the lesson with?
    Last edited by mteam; 07-Aug-2017 at 18:12.