Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: My body's broken....

Your local uni will probably have a sports physio. It'll cost you upwards of £30-£40 but well worth a visit.
    Give it big humpties

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Got my results late yesterday....

I've been mulling on them all day, I truly don't know whether to be pleased or sceptical, I'm certainly confused!

Apparently I have Bursitis, of which the description of it is as follows:

A bursa is a fluid-filled sac which forms under the skin, usually over the joints, and acts as a cushion between the tendons and bones. The main symptoms of bursitis are pain, swelling and tenderness in the affected area. Any bursa can become inflamed, but bursitis most commonly occurs in the shoulder.

So I've now got some tablets for the pain/inflammation and also a tablet to protect my stomach when taking them.

No operation, just physio apparently will sort it out, although I feel I've been doing physio to some degree with playing golf, driving and general work etc so I honestly can't see what specific physio will do any better?

I waited over 6 weeks for my ultrasound, 2 weeks for the results and now I've got to wait another 6 weeks (approximately) for the first physio appointment which no doubt will them be a weekly visit but with home/daily exercises to do?

Part of me is relieved there's no impending operation so I can commit to the up and coming golf meets now, but another part of me is sceptical of physio remedying the injury!
    Come on give the physio person a chance! Im pretty sure they will give u stuff to do that u dont know about.
    www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk/
    https://twitter.com/IrvineGC

Machrihanish Dunes Golf Club

Adams Xtd 12 degree driver
    Adams xtd 18 degree fairway

Adams Super DHY 24 stiff
    Mizuno MX 200 5-Pw PX 5.5
    Mizuno MPR 12 Black 50/06
    Mizuno MPR 12 54
    Srixon WG 504 58/8
    Scotty Cameron 2012 California Fastback
    Winter putter ping nome!!

and a v easy owner

handicap 12

I guess it's much better than it could have been and at least you've an idea of what it is and how to deal with it. Give the pills a go and see how you go. At least you can keep golfing for a while longer

Iíve got Naproxen to take 3 times a day and Omeprazole once a day.

It would seem with what Iíve read that the Naproxen could benefit my gout also, plus a host of other areas of my body thatís suffering.

Iíll be swinging like a well hung monkey in a few weeks 😜
    Member of http://www.coventrygolf.co.uk/

Hcp: 16.5

Iíve got Naproxen to take 3 times a day and Omeprazole once a day.

It would seem with what Iíve read that the Naproxen could benefit my gout also, plus a host of other areas of my body thatís suffering.

Iíll be swinging like a well hung monkey in a few weeks 😜
    Keep it within the realms of reality

By the time you have finished mucker you should take your boots next time you go to the bridge mate. Antonio might give you a run out.

Generally good news I think....
    Bit of physio and you'll be back by Spring....miss out all the crap weather..
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Letter has arrived, went online as instructed and the earliest available appointment is 29th January 😳

Going to ring the doctor on Monday as Iím concerned that Iím going to be on these medsí for 3 months before any physio even starts 🤔
    Member of http://www.coventrygolf.co.uk/

Hcp: 16.5

Tour Rookie

Letter has arrived, went online as instructed and the earliest available appointment is 29th January 

Going to ring the doctor on Monday as Iím concerned that Iím going to be on these medsí for 3 months before any physio even starts 樂
    I was on Naproxen for over 8 years Fish, never had any issues. Instead of waiting for NHS go and get a few private sessions if you want to progress things. Even one or two between now and the start of your physio with NHS should be beneficial.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

Letter has arrived, went online as instructed and the earliest available appointment is 29th January 

Going to ring the doctor on Monday as Iím concerned that Iím going to be on these medsí for 3 months before any physio even starts 樂
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko_G View Post
    I was on Naproxen for over 8 years Fish, never had any issues. Instead of waiting for NHS go and get a few private sessions if you want to progress things. Even one or two between now and the start of your physio with NHS should be beneficial.
    What Jacko said, go private. C'mon Fish, 40quid a session at most is the equivalent of a cheapish green fee, and it gets you out there swinging freely.
    Give it big humpties