Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Was I wrong?????

At work this morning, checking through some paperwork for a customer.
    Postman walks in, plops two packages down on my desk and asks me to sign for them.
    "Certainly, but I'm in the middle of something at the moment, give me a few seconds".
    Immediately he asks if there is somebody else to sign it.
    Everybody else is busy, so I repeat "give me a few seconds and I'll sign it for you".
    With that, he scribbles something on his electronic signature pad and says "I've signed it for you as you can't be bothered".
    This annoyed me as
    a) I was in the middle of something
    and
    b) I'd told him I was literally going to be a few more seconds.
    We've now got two packages on my desk that my company had not actually signed for!
    I thought he was bang out of order, and told him in no uncertain terms that what he had done was illegal.
    I then told him that I was able to sign them, but he said it was too late as he couldn't erase his own signature.
    I again told him he was out of order, to which he said "OK I'll take them back to the office saying that you have refused them".
    Thoughts??

And yes, I was busy with a customer!
    Cooden Beach Centenary Betterball Champion 2012 with Richart Handicap 13.0 Member http://www.coodenbeachgc.com/ Nike Covert 2.0 VRS Driver, 3 & 5 woods.TaylorMade RSi1 4-LWYes Tracy Putter. THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE KNOB.

Re: Was I wrong?????

Was the Customer there in front of you?
    If not, you were bang out of order, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotie McBoogerballs View Post
    Yep
    Cooden Beach Centenary Betterball Champion 2012 with Richart Handicap 13.0 Member http://www.coodenbeachgc.com/ Nike Covert 2.0 VRS Driver, 3 & 5 woods.TaylorMade RSi1 4-LWYes Tracy Putter. THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE KNOB.

You were well within your rights imo.

Ring the P/O up and tell them what happened and cover yourself.

I must admit mate a few of your threads recently have seemed to be about you doubting yourself and what you have done regarding your job or job related, just be honest with yourself and do the right thing and you wont go far wrong.
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9

Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014
    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotie McBoogerballs View Post
    If not, you were bang out of order, imo.
    Could you explain how youve come to this conclusion?

Would you drop a task at the drop of a hat if the postman came along or would you expect the courtesy of a couple of seconds patience? Or if you interrupted someone and they said just hang on a sec would you lose it and just do something rogue?

If the answer is yes to the second point you, IMO, are a terrible human being.
    In The Bag & Club:
    • Driver - Titleist 913D2 9.5° - Diamana 62 S+ Blue
    • Fairway Wood - Cobra King F7 15.5° Draw Bias - Fujikura Pro 65S
    • Hybrid - Titleist 816H1 19° - Diamana S+ 70 Silver
    • Irons - Titleist AP2 716 4 - PW - Dynamic Gold XP 115 S300 - Std Length, 1° Upright
    • Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 50°, 54° & 58° all V-MG
    • Putter - Ping Cadence TR Anser 2
    • Balls - Vice Pro+
    • HCP 2017 - 12.4 > 12.0 > 11.4 > 11.6
    • Sandbach Golf Club
    • www.sandbachgolfclub.co.uk

The thing that really wound me up was the fact that he didn't see anything wrong in putting a signature on his pad which didn't correspond to ANYBODY who worked here.
    How would you feel if you were expecting a delivery, had not received it and complained to the Post Office to be told that somebody signed for it three days ago???
    I know that he was trying to help me out, but what he did was tantamount to fraud.

Report him mate or hide the parcels and ask the PO who signed for them as you need them.
    He's obviously more important than you in his mind.

No your weren't wrong mate - it's a perfect symbol of the modern world , you were in the middle of something and he expected you do drop everything and deal with him instead of showing just a small bit of patience and good manners. Would simply report him

Tour Rookie

I think it's bad manners to interrupt someone dealing with a customer especially if he has been asked to wait a few seconds.
    But his job is made harder if there is nobody to sign for the parcel.
    as for signing it himself cut him some slack ,you got your mail ,he got off quicker what's the problem, life's to short to start complaining to the PO.
    Sounds like you need a receptionist.

Ryder Cup Winner

It takes less than 5 seconds to sign your name twice, were you really that busy and would it have really taken 2 seconds for you to finish what you were doing?

A bit of willy waving by both involved I think. Both too busy to deal with each other, so both were neither right or wrong.