Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Ladies football

  1. #1
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Yeovil
    Posts
    1,001

    Ladies football

    Does a shout from a spectator of "man on" have the same meaning?

  2. #2
    Money List Winner pokerjoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Taunton ,Somerset
    Posts
    9,656

    Re: Ladies football

    I must admit I have enjoyed watching the Lionesses play,the manager though seems a little cock sure.

    Just let the football do the talking
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9


    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014
    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2015

  3. #3
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,600

    Re: Ladies football

    I ran a girls football team for two seasons.

    It was an absolute nightmare.

    Once picked up a girl to take to the match. She got in the car with the other three and was near to tears. I asked her what was up. She said " me mums in the house crying her eyes out, coz she had a fence fitted yesterday and she got up this morning and someone has knicked the lot". Eh, yer what. Her mum had a dozen 3x 6 ft fence panels put in the day before ( front garden ) and someone had knicked them. I had tears in me eyes stifling me laugh

  4. #4
    Money List Winner pokerjoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Taunton ,Somerset
    Posts
    9,656

    Re: Ladies football

    Laughing at someones mis-fortune, classy.
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9


    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014
    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2015

  5. #5
    Tour Winner Beezerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,983

    Re: Ladies football

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    I ran a girls football team for two seasons.

    It was an absolute nightmare.

    Once picked up a girl to take to the match. She got in the car with the other three and was near to tears. I asked her what was up. She said " me mums in the house crying her eyes out, coz she had a fence fitted yesterday and she got up this morning and someone has knicked the lot". Eh, yer what. Her mum had a dozen 3x 6 ft fence panels put in the day before ( front garden ) and someone had knicked them. I had tears in me eyes stifling me laugh
    Touchline Tashy, did you wear a shell suit?
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

  6. #6
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: Ladies football

    Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    Touchline Tashy, did you wear a shell suit?
    YES he did, with 118 on it,

    https://goo.gl/images/bPLpCt
    IN THE BAG
    Orka GS5 10* Driver, 3 wood, GS5 19*, 22* & 25* hybrid,
    Orka RS5 4-6 irons, Orka RS3 7-PW irons
    Orka J29v 52* 56* wedges, Taylormade Rossa Monte Carlo putter

    H/C
    2017 start 13.6, >13.7, >13.8, <13.2, >13.3, >13.4, >13.5, >13.6, >13.7, >13.8, >13.9, >15.9, >16.0, >16.1, >16.2, >16.3, >16.4, >16.5

  7. #7
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    13,735

    Re: Ladies football

    I used to help out with the primary school football team who played cup matches with the three local wee schools.
    They have a football cup on prize giving and we had two lads who were very good players I
    It seemed unfair to pick one against the other, all the talk of the school was about which one would win it.
    In the end we gave the cup to the spirited lassie who played in goals, you should have seen the boys faces.

  8. #8
    Tour Winner Crazyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    2,925

    Re: Ladies football

    Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    I used to help out with the primary school football team who played cup matches with the three local wee schools.
    They have a football cup on prize giving and we had two lads who were very good players I
    It seemed unfair to pick one against the other, all the talk of the school was about which one would win it.
    In the end we gave the cup to the spirited lassie who played in goals, you should have seen the boys faces.
    Excellent! The unsung players just don't usually get the recognition they deserve!
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

  9. #9
    Money List Winner AmandaJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    5,659

    Re: Ladies football

    Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoke View Post
    I must admit I have enjoyed watching the Lionesses play,the manager though seems a little cock sure.

    Just let the football do the talking
    Agree - he sure likes the spotlight on him!

  10. #10
    Tour Winner JT77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,630

    Re: Ladies football

    Really enjoyed watching the lionesses over the last few weeks. The Dutch have just been too savvy tonight for them, little bit more classy on the ball, couple of iffy decisions too tonight, but great effort, hopefully more grass roots girls playing in the uk. My eldest daughters school has a girls team, and her friend plays for the town which is great
    Ping G400 10.5 Tour 65 x
    Ping G400 3 wood Tour 65 x
    Taylormade 2 iron Ctaper Stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Tours Ctaper Stiff
    Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS V90
    Scotty Cameron Newport M1
    6.8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Golfer Pays $210,000 For A Lesson With Tiger Woods

How much would you pay for a lesson with Tiger?

December 13, 2017

Southwood Golf Course To Close

Southwood Golf Course in Farnborough is to close and will be turned into a natural green space

December 13, 2017

10 New Year’s Resolutions For Every Golfer

A new year calls for new resolutions. It’s time to wipe the worries of 2017 away and start over with a fresh new slate. Dust off your clubs, stock up on tees and forget about all those three putts. Enjoy your golf game even more this season by taking up these New Year’s resolutions. By Sam Tremlett

December 12, 2017

Golf To Scrap Viewer Call-Ins On Rules Infringements

Golf's governing bodies have responded to the Lexi Thompson debacle in April

December 11, 2017

Shubhankar Sharma wins Joburg Open

Shubhankar Sharma of India held his nerve to win the weather-delayed Joburg Open at the Randpark Golf Club by three shots from South Africa’s Erik Van Rooyen.

December 11, 2017