Page 65 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Tour Rookie

Re: USPGA Championship on BBC

For those of you with sky, coverage is available on Chanel 980

Quote Originally Posted by shivas irons View Post
    The trouble with the BBC nowdays is that its run by stupid, naive, PC correct, student types,and boy doesent it show......no HD until 10.30 tonight and then a delayed 1hr 45 broadcast and thats it and the same for tomorrow,nice!.
    USPGA last year on sky 7 hrs live HD coverage for everyday as well as selected groups from the start of each days play,good grief .
    The USPGA switched because they said they wanted to bring golf to the masses but this is the worst promotion of the game possible and I really hope the USPGA have noticed this and normal transmission of this great event can continue on Sky next year.
    For me to watch Sky coverage in HD I'd have to pay the robbing bar stewards an extra seven notes a month... Well. they can go swivel...

And, top marks to the USPGA for wishing their event to be available to the 'masses'...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post
    And, top marks to the USPGA for wishing their event to be available to the 'masses'...
    I agree, in principle. My grandad (94) is a great example - played golf all his life and was looking forward to this. Can't afford a Sky sub. And still can't watch the coverage on his TV due to the cack handed offering. It's a major. It should have been broadcast on BBC2 or BBC1 or at least offer an extensive highlights package.

It's alienated all viewers IMO, buy not delivering either a terrestrial option, highlights/replay or live HD via another source.

I don't get all the fuss. it's the least major of all 4. you'll mostly all fall asleep while watching it and you can catch free rd3 and 4 highlights next weekend

Money List Winner

Reading people get apoplectic with rage over a golf tournament being on the BBC and not being HD is more entertaining than the golf itself at times......

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    Reading people get apoplectic with rage over a golf tournament being on the BBC and not being HD is more entertaining than the golf itself at times......
    Yet more trolling...
    intolerance will not be tolerated

Quote Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
    Yet more trolling...
    seemed fair comment to me . this thread is pretty funny. I mean it's just
    tv

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    seemed fair comment to me . this thread is pretty funny. I mean it's just
    tv
    But adds nothing to the debate other than laughs at those taking part.
    BTW it's not about TV. It's about the move to the BBC with the intention of growing the game and if the move worked or not.
    intolerance will not be tolerated

BTW it's not about TV. It's about the move to the BBC with the intention of growing the game and if the move worked or not.
    well at 65 pages id say that it's all been said and is going round and round. all it needs now is for someone to mention Hitler...

And surely no conclusion to that can be made for a good while yet. I don't expect there will be a flood of people to start playing the game but that would have been the same with the coverage on Sky - I understand what the PGA actually wanted to do was to open to coverage to as many as possible hence wanting Sky to open up the coverage to an online platform as well as TV - it seems the online platform is going to be pushed a lot especially with many household now having devices that broadcast online content.

Ultimately the BBC have broadcast what they were contracted to do with the US PGA - it may not be to everyone's taste but it's what they stated they would do when the announced was made - the timings and the platforms are exactly what they said they would deliver.

People can throw their toys about the place but I don't see the US PGA suddenly going back to Sky because Sky is restrictive viewing behind a subscription. It wouldn't surprise me to see The Masters and US Open going the same way.

Plenty of negatives in regards the standard of the US feed that the BBC has been given as well as the actual play being boring and it's all been a bit rushed from both the PGA and BBC - with more time as well aa no Athletics i expect next years to be on BBC 2 most of the night plus the online and social media content being available. People will not like it but I expect a damn sight more people will get to watch it and for me that will always be the biggest thing for any sport - getting more people to watch it