Page 39 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Re: USPGA Championship on BBC

This is shocking!
    ..Like watching Channel 9 on the Fast Show...

..Scorchio

....Chris Waddle!

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    The pictures they are getting from the US is shocking - jumping all over the place
    Agree with that

Journeyman Pro

My eyes are actually hurting watching this coverage. The picture quality is shocking, like watching Shells Wonderful World of golf from the 80s!
    Cobra King LTD Pro Driver
    Cobra King LTD 4 Wood
    Mizuno MP-H5 2 Iron
    Mizuno MP-4 Irons (4-PW)
    Cobra King Versatile Wedges (52,58)
    Scotty Cameron Newport Beach 1.5 Putter

Handicap : 7.7

http://www.broomieknowe.com

Trying to work out exactly what the much-alluded to problems are with the commentary?

Seems entirely acceptable to me.

Are they making mistakes? Are they indulging in endless hyperbole? Is it the diction, the lack of knowledge or golfing experience by the Beeb's team overall?

I'd really love to know what it is.

Red button is low quality but more than good enough to see what's happening. Iplayer is great quality on my TV via chrome cast.

If you are geo locked then get yourself a VPN app like tunnel bear.

Coverage is fine to me and I'm enjoying the silence between the random witterings of Peter and chums rather than having a team that feel the need to be constantly filling the gaps spouting nonsense and playing on simulators. The golf is doing more than enough talking.

They had 3 weeks to facilitate this, provided 2 viable options for viewers without upsetting an already set schedule. Showing it on a main channel for the "money shot" final hours so everyone can watch it with ease. They can't control the host feed so can forgive the jumping shots between groups but would rather see an unknown miss a putt than use the gap as an excuse to have Ray Winstone shout at me about betting.

USPGA have made a bold move and will probably harm them this year. BBC haven't exactly jumped to make the absolute most of it but wouldn't be fair to judge the beeb fully on it. If they do the same next year then that'll be different.

Yes it's not the greatest, but its there, it's "free" and it's accessible to anyone that wants it.
    Poobah Po Po Bagpipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasit View Post
    wow calling Licence payers thick on commentary for not having red button access

BBC have fired commentators for saying less
    you can add it in other channels on ur sky box if u have one
    Golf... A simple game played by complicated people ...

Quote Originally Posted by palindromicbob View Post
    Red button is low quality but more than good enough to see what's happening. Iplayer is great quality on my TV via chrome cast.

If you are geo locked then get yourself a VPN app like tunnel bear.

Coverage is fine to me and I'm enjoying the silence between the random witterings of Peter and chums rather than having a team that feel the need to be constantly filling the gaps spouting nonsense and playing on simulators. The golf is doing more than enough talking.

They had 3 weeks to facilitate this, provided 2 viable options for viewers without upsetting an already set schedule. Showing it on a main channel for the "money shot" final hours so everyone can watch it with ease. They can't control the host feed so can forgive the jumping shots between groups but would rather see an unknown miss a putt than use the gap as an excuse to have Ray Winstone shout at me about betting.

USPGA have made a bold move and will probably harm them this year. BBC haven't exactly jumped to make the absolute most of it but wouldn't be fair to judge the beeb fully on it. If they do the same next year then that'll be different.

Yes it's not the greatest, but its there, it's "free" and it's accessible to anyone that wants it.
    Pretty spot on and a fair post

Yep the coverage isnt in sharp HD but it's more than watchable for me and I would expect next year it will fill up BBC2 for the whole evening on HD

Well, I'm watching on Virgin channel 991 (Red Button) and it's just like watching normal TV...
    Must be the 4 year old Samsung I'm watching it on.
    If it wasn't on the Beeb I wouldn't be paying more to watch it through NowTV so it's got 1 more viewer than it would have...
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Q-School Graduate

Couldn't they have put it on BBC 4? I'm sure nobody would miss Andrew Marr.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    Well, I'm watching on Virgin channel 991 (Red Button) and it's just like watching normal TV...
    Must be the 4 year old Samsung I'm watching it on.
    If it wasn't on the Beeb I wouldn't be paying more to watch it through NowTV so it's got 1 more viewer than it would have...
    Hopefully you'll go on to take up golf....
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.5

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!