Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: What's you club most famous for...

Quote Originally Posted by brendy View Post
    Rory's practice range when home.
    by the look of things he ain't been there for ages.
    TM Aero Burner Driver Fujikura Pro Xlr8 63 Tour xTM M1 3 wood another Fujikura shaftSrixon Z765 3-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 130 shaftsTM Spider Red Ltd Edition Putter Cleveland RTX-3 wedges 50 54 58 Tour Satin

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Bob all.
    Never heard of him.

steak pie
    TM Aero Burner Driver Fujikura Pro Xlr8 63 Tour xTM M1 3 wood another Fujikura shaftSrixon Z765 3-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 130 shaftsTM Spider Red Ltd Edition Putter Cleveland RTX-3 wedges 50 54 58 Tour Satin

Michael Moran was the Irish Champion 5 years in a row between 1909-1913 and in 1913 became our Pro, he is known as one of the pioneers of Irish Golf, finishing 3rd at Royal Liverpool in 1913.

He played in The Open 6 times, his last being in 1914 at Prestwick.

He was killed 10th April 1918 whist serving in the 7th Bn The Royal Irish Regiment. he is buried at Le Cateau Military Cemetary in Northern France.

Members of the Irish PGA still compete for The Moran Cup and the 14th at Royal Dublin Links is named Moran's in his honour.

http://www.crudenbaygolfclub.co.uk/

there's enough name dropping in the first couple of paragraphs to keep you going for a wee while.

For anyone who hasn't been, do it.
    Give it big humpties

Home to the 2017 Walker Cup Captain - Craig Watson (also winner of the 1997 British Amateur championship, beating Trevor Immelman)

Forget all that...........the Royal Musselburgh Golf Club members will soon play for the oldest trophy still played for in the world....the "old club cup" first played for in 1774.

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/2...l-musselburgh/
    Practice, you only get out what you put in, but I'm having second thoughts. In my bag this week Callaway driver, 3 and 5 wood. Titleist 909 21 degree utility, Titleist 909 19 degree utility with TM Vsteel 5 wood shaft, Srixon Z 745/945 irons Nippon shafts, Vokey 200 series wedges 50 and 58. Odyssey works cruiser putter, Prov1x, HC 5.
    www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
    www.dunbar-golfclub.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo21 View Post
    Forget all that...........the Royal Musselburgh Golf Club members will soon play for the oldest trophy still played for in the world....the "old club cup" first played for in 1774.

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/2...l-musselburgh/
    Cant beat that but my club was started in 1817 by the St Andrews Society of Golfers which then became the R&A , we still play for the Gold Medal which started in 1818.
    www.scotscraiggolfclub.com

Hcp :- Embarrassing

Well I cant call it 'my' club cos its a resort course not a members but Heritage GC is what I call my home/fav course

Its a European Tour venue and two years ago saw the first ever par 4 hole in one on the ET. The guy needed birdie on the 9th (his last hole) to make the cut (I was about a 80 yrds away looking down the 18th so totally missed it!)

My club is marginally better than Lydd.