Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Playing in two comps - one card submitted for both...

Quote Originally Posted by DCB View Post
    So, if the player played in the Junior Medal at the correct time slot and returned a score worthy of a cut, what handicap should they be measured against for the Ladies Comp ?
    entered both off the start handicap so that start hcap should be used. i guess the one issue comes is if CSS is different for the comps which do you use to adjust the hcap. surely this is covered in the rules somewhere tho?
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Quote Originally Posted by fundy View Post
    why would you think it isnt amanda?
    Just a gut feel - it seemed wrong but seems it probably isn't!

Tour Winner

The problem does not lie with the handicapping system but with the Rules of Golf. Specifically Rule 7-1.

Unless a Condition of Condition attached to the second competition permits practice on the course before the round, the player would be DQd under that rule. The first comp would be considered to be practising for the purposes of the second comp.

If there was such a CoC, the player's handicap would be adjusted between rounds as they are separate and distinct comps.
    It is normally recommended that two comps on the same day have a common CSS calculation but in this case as there is one player (or more) playing in both, two separated CSSs would have to be calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by rulefan View Post
    The problem does not lie with the handicapping system but with the Rules of Golf. Specifically Rule 7-1.

Unless a Condition of Condition attached to the second competition permits practice on the course before the round, the player would be DQd under that rule. The first comp would be considered to be practising for the purposes of the second comp.

If there was such a CoC, the player's handicap would be adjusted between rounds as they are separate and distinct comps.
    It is normally recommended that two comps on the same day have a common CSS calculation but in this case as there is one player (or more) playing in both, two separated CSSs would have to be calculated.
    its the same round, how is it practising?
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Ping Ketsch

Journeyman Pro

Along the same lines, I've just joined a new club and something I've never heard of before, but four guys we're playing in their Swindle (i know this isn't a Q comp etc), whilst entered into the monthly medal BUT also playing their foursomes knock out match against the other two!!! I'm not sure if this is against the rules or anything but I know it not something I'd be keen on doing.
    Handicap 2014-2017 yo yo'in between 10.2 & 11

Quote Originally Posted by mashleyR7 View Post
    Along the same lines, I've just joined a new club and something I've never heard of before, but four guys we're playing in their Swindle (i know this isn't a Q comp etc), whilst entered into the monthly medal BUT also playing their foursomes knock out match against the other two!!! I'm not sure if this is against the rules or anything but I know it not something I'd be keen on doing.
    thats definitely not allowed, how do you play foursomes (alternate shots) and a medal card. Even if you mean a 4ball match its very clear in the rules you cant play strokeplay and matchplay at same time (dq from strokeplay and matchplay to be replayed) albeit it happens
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Ping Ketsch

Journeyman Pro

Sorry I meant four ball better ball (i.e best ball counts out of the pair to win the hole)

So you can't play matchplay and stroke play at the same time?
    Handicap 2014-2017 yo yo'in between 10.2 & 11

Quote Originally Posted by mashleyR7 View Post
    Sorry I meant four ball better ball (i.e best ball counts out of the pair to win the hole)

So you can't play matchplay and stroke play at the same time?
    no as per rule 33-1
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Ping Ketsch

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by fundy View Post
    its the same round, how is it practising?
    Sorry. I read your original post as the player was playing in one competition, then later in the day played in another.

So he only played one round but wished to return his score for two competitions?
    That would be ok providing only one CSS was calculated, as recommended by CONGU.
    Last edited by rulefan; 16-Jul-2017 at 21:24.

Quote Originally Posted by rulefan View Post
    Ah. I read your original post as the player was playing in one competition, then later in the day played in another.

So he only played one round but wished to return his score for two competitions?
    I'm not op but I think that's what Amanda is saying yes
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Ping Ketsch