Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Assistant Pro

Re: Checking Alignment Prior to Shot

Thanks for the confirmation, I shall be using my club to aid my alignment today. I wonder if I should tell my FCs before I do it, or simply wait for the objections!

Tour Winner

Just do it. But ask any objectors show you the rule in the little book; which is in your bag.

Q-School Graduate

Remember that from the 1st January 2019 a player will no longer be able to place a club on the ground (or anything else) and align themselves using it. Proposed New rule H2.

Assistant Pro

I carry both the rule book and also the rules on my phone. Today, I was on my home course and didn't use my club for alignment. Tomorrow and Wednesday, I have away matches and will definitely need to check my alignment, so will use my club.

I am surprised that I have not seen anyone doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by slowhand View Post
    Am I allowed to place my club across my shoulders to check my alignment before then addressing the ball and making my stroke?
    If you're still having problems with your alignment, take a look at post no.6 below

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/sho...hlight=augusta
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself