Q-School Graduate

DIY Masters Trip

Hi all it if a random one. Has anyone ever been over to the masters on a DIY trip. I know
    Many companies offer packages but a few of us are looking to travel over play a few rounds ( harbour town, heron point, Atlantic dunes) maybe see a practice day. Has anyone ever done this or have any advice off where to start?
    All advice welcome

Re: DIY Masters Trip

You need to get tickets through the ballot 1st if you are doing a diy trip.

unless there are other sellers who just sell day tickets.
    11 hcp and rising.

Tour Rookie

Yeah I done a diy trip, there's a thread on here somewhere about it.
    I had tickets already for the masters though.
    http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/sho...I-ve-ever-done
    Last edited by Simbo; 15-Jul-2017 at 22:14.

Main problem will be getting tickets. There are touts on the road outside with signs saying they have tickets but I gather the starting price this year was $1500 per person per day. I believe you can also get tickets from the likes of Your Golf Travel/Golfbreaks if you tell them you have everything else sorted - you may want/have to get them to get you a hotel in the area, not a bad thing as they may have some decent deals. I talked to a couple of guys there this year that had been given tickets by a player they knew, they were able to get a motel room within walking distance for about £100 per night.

As for other golf/hotels, car hire and flights, you should have no problems sorting these yourself.