Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tour Rookie

European VS PGA tour

Bar the Majors (well the masters in particular) I am much starting to prefer watching the European tour..

I dont know if its the reasonable viewing times... or the lack of "get in the hole" being shouted

just enjoying it more atm

anyone else got a preference?
    In the bag TM M2 10.5 DriverTM M2 3 woodPing G15 5 woodTM Jetspeed 3 HybridTM Jetspeed 4 HybridTitliest 716 ap1 6-9 SM5 vokey wedges 46, 50, 54 , 58 degreeOdyssey White Hot Rossie Putter

Re: European VS PGA tour

I enjoy both. Part of the attraction of the uspga is the picture perfect courses and weather when the weather here is not great. A bit like a travel show really.

I enjoy seeing the European golfers more than the endless line of Americans, partly because there is more variety and partly because I can relate more to Europeans having been to many of the countries where the players come from.

Prefer ET because the commentary is slightly less abysmal and the production is not focussed 85% on putting
    9.5* Ping i20 Stock Stiff
    15* Taylormade R15 Fujikura FUEL 60 S
    18* Adams Pro DHY Aldila Tour Blue 85 S
    4-PW John Letters Master Model S300
    52*,56*,60* John Letters Tour Black DG Spinner
    34" Odyssey Metal X Milled #1
    2016 Handicap par 73 SSS71 - 10.0 -> 10.1 (NR,95 adj) -> 10.2 (net 79)
    http://www.driftgolfclub.com/golf/

depends on the event

I want to watch the best players in the world

and 90% of weeks that is the PGA tour
    2016: Started Playing->23.0
    2017: 22.7->14.4

I've enjoyed some of the recent European tour events more than usual,seems to have had a stronger field.
    Generally I prefer the PGA tour tho.
    Better courses & better players.

PGA Tour for me is dull as dishwater , the courses get set up for target golf most of the time , all you see is people putting , constant adverts , awful commentary

The ET has more courses that seem to test the players more, you see more than just putts

The last two comps have been great to watch

Ryder Cup Winner

I watch more PGA tour because you get it in a Sunday night, no other reason

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    PGA Tour for me is dull as dishwater , the courses get set up for target golf most of the time , all you see is people putting , constant adverts , awful commentary

The ET has more courses that seem to test the players more, you see more than just putts

The last two comps have been great to watch
    This is peak time for the European tour, the build up to the Open championship with the best fields Europe can provide. The Scottish Open has always drawn in some of the worlds best and I'm glad to see Dundonald looking great on TV

Q-School Graduate

It is the quality of the TV coverage rather than the quality of the players and the courses that makes the difference.

I do think that on the American Tour they play a lot of courses with a lot of very similar holes course to course. Eg Finishing Hole with water all down one side and dog leg or continuous curve round it.

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    This is peak time for the European tour, the build up to the Open championship with the best fields Europe can provide. The Scottish Open has always drawn in some of the worlds best and I'm glad to see Dundonald looking great on TV
    But sadly it will be back to business as usual after the Open for the ET.