Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Can tees affect your shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Swinger View Post
    Not sure about the type of tee affecting the shot but I think the angle of the tee can be important.

I always have the tee leaning to the left if I'm trying to hit a fade.
    Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    the angle of the tee makes no difference either.
    are people for real!!!
    I absolutely agree. I don't know about the physics but if I have the tee leaning away from me it definitely encourages an in to out path and I hit a draw. Too much lean and it's a hook

You would have to take in to account where the lorry hit you and what angle the paper was at during impact but I would suggest that there would be a difference. Paper weight and the microns of the stock would be important too!

While the impact speed, launch angle and direction would be a negligible difference the spin rate doesn't need a big increase to make a significant difference in shot dispersion.
    What if it was a really thick sheet of paper, at a 45 degree angle. Surely that would deflect a small to medium sized lorry, maybe a 7.5 tonner ?

Quote Originally Posted by therod View Post
    I absolutely agree. I don't know about the physics but if I have the tee leaning away from me it definitely encourages an in to out path and I hit a draw. Too much lean and it's a hook
    Didn't think it was just me. I know a few guys up my local driving range who do the same when on the course.

This is how I hit all my draws.

Just gutted I can't tee it up in the rough when I need to put some bend on it.

Didn't think it was just me. I know a few guys up my local driving range who do the same when on the course.

This is how I hit all my draws.

Just gutted I can't tee it up in the rough when I need to put some bend on it.
    If you press down with your foot behind the ball really hard it sort of tees it up

What if it was a really thick sheet of paper, at a 45 degree angle. Surely that would deflect a small to medium sized lorry, maybe a 7.5 tonner ?
    I reckon some strawboard at 2000 microns could send you out of harms way in certain impact conditions. Maybe thinner....

I reckon some strawboard at 2000 microns could send you out of harms way in certain impact conditions. Maybe thinner....
    You sound like a man who knows hit paper from his ....different type of paper. Sounds convincing, therefore all the proof that I need !

If you press down with your foot behind the ball really hard it sort of tees it up
    Good idea. I could do it to the right for a draw and to the left for a fade.

I'll give that a go in my usual 5 ball next weekend.
    👍👍

You sound like a man who knows hit paper from his ....different type of paper. Sounds convincing, therefore all the proof that I need !
    You wouldn't believe half the things I've seen paper do!

You wouldn't believe half the things I've seen paper do!
    If I wanted to make a golf tee out of paper, one that would mean I could shape it either way depending on the angle of the tee. What paper would you recommend?

If I wanted to make a golf tee out of paper, one that would mean I could shape it either way depending on the angle of the tee. What paper would you recommend?
    Interesting question...

I would have thought something like a 400gsm pulp board would be the best bet. Not only would it offer a good stable base and grip to encourage the shaped shots but you should find these boards widely available and also in a nice range of colours. Literally the best fit for style, cost and the shot shape of your choosing.