Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Tour Winner

Re: Can tees affect your shot?

Sure I've seen articles in golf mags suggesting to tee it higher to hit straighter, i.e. to reduce a slice. A quick google found this video from Luther Blalock at Woburn suggesting the tee height change is a way to help shape the fade or draw.

https://youtu.be/XyiZ0y6kNog

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    It usually works that way for me , lower the tee to help encourage fade.
    Cool, if it works for you.
    I know I can slash the ball either way and the height of the tee will make no difference to my shot shape, whether the ball is high or low if my club face is coming through open relative to swing path the balls going to fade, a couple mm on the tee height will make no difference.
    I think things like this is anothe example of average golfers over complicating things that are beyond their ability. While it might make a difference to a tour pro I doubt very much if it will an average golfer.

Not sure about the type of tee affecting the shot but I think the angle of the tee can be important.

I always have the tee leaning to the left if I'm trying to hit a fade.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Swinger View Post
    Not sure about the type of tee affecting the shot but I think the angle of the tee can be important.

I always have the tee leaning to the left if I'm trying to hit a fade.
    the angle of the tee makes no difference either.
    are people for real!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    the angle of the tee makes no difference either.
    are people for real!!!
    I disagree.

Just try it.

Tour Winner

I disagree.
    you can't disagree. its not my opinion, its basic physics. for a tee to effect the golf ball it would have to have frictional influence on the ball. being as the ball stays on the face of the club past the tee then it cant

If you had a tee leaning so that the top was pointing away from the target, albeit only a few degrees granted, you are saying it would have no effect whatsoever?

Tour Winner

If you had a tee leaning so that the top was pointing away from the target, albeit only a few degrees granted, you are saying it would have no effect whatsoever?
    it wouldn't have any effect what so ever. the ball compresses on the face and takes it past the tee. also, the club has loft and the ball is picked off the tee before the club strikes the tee

even if it did offer resistance, the forces going into the ball are massive. far superior to a wooden tee to offer any influence. i little like saying if you put a sheet of paper in between you and a lorry then it wont hurt as much when you get hit
    Last edited by hovis; 16-Jul-2017 at 21:53.

You would have to take in to account where the lorry hit you and what angle the paper was at during impact but I would suggest that there would be a difference. Paper weight and the microns of the stock would be important too!

While the impact speed, launch angle and direction would be a negligible difference the spin rate doesn't need a big increase to make a significant difference in shot dispersion.