Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Football Transfer Madness

Have City set the new mark? 50 MILLION for a 27 yo FULL BACK!
    and not a very good one at that.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Tour Rookie

Re: Football Transfer Madness

Exactly, it's what I said on the other thread.
    Even as a Spurs fan, I've got to admit he's not worth that, but we'll take the cash.
    Walker is quick and great going forward, but he can be off slightly defending.

Money List Winner

I suppose they are worth what someone is willing to pay. Can't help thinking it must all go tits up soon as it is not sustainable unless clubs are increasingly willing to accept money from more and more 'questionable' sources. But then again I have been thinking that for a long time.

Ryder Cup Winner

Based on the Scotland v England game I would rate Dier's value as nearer 50p than 50m.

Stupid 'kings new clothes' money, it will all end in tears.

Football transfers have gone out of control, the prices EPL clubs are willing to pay is mental, that said the rumour was while Pogba cost close to 100million last season, Man U pulled in more than that in merchandising globally, so while on the surface his price tag seemed ridiculous it was good business.

However, there are only a few club that could pull off that kind of business and for the rest pay anything north of 30 million is a big big gamble.

Also the prices of the players will keep on increasing, players wage demands will keep on increasing as a result of the fees and wages the teams in the Chinese Super League are willing to pay.
    H4H - HC Challenge

Khamelion 20.3 -> 20 (19.5)

Bazzatron 20 -> ???

Quite mad. I remember as a kid Trevor Francis going for 1 million... my dad laughed his head off at that. Goodness knows what he'd make of it now AND season tickets at some Premier Clubs costing more than your annual golf subs! No thanks
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    season tickets at some Premier Clubs costing more than your annual golf subs! No thanks
    There is no way on earth I'd pay a season ticket price to go watch a bunch of over paid prima donna's kick a ball around for 90mins, that written and being somewhat hypocritical, I'll happily watch the football on Sky.

At least on Sky though I've the option of changing channels, or turning it off and I'm in the comfort of my own home.
    H4H - HC Challenge

Khamelion 20.3 -> 20 (19.5)

Bazzatron 20 -> ???

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    Football transfers have gone out of control, the prices EPL clubs are willing to pay is mental, that said the rumour was while Pogba cost close to 100million last season, Man U pulled in more than that in merchandising globally, so while on the surface his price tag seemed ridiculous it was good business.

However, there are only a few club that could pull off that kind of business and for the rest pay anything north of 30 million is a big big gamble.

Also the prices of the players will keep on increasing, players wage demands will keep on increasing as a result of the fees and wages the teams in the Chinese Super League are willing to pay.
    I don't get this shirt sale malarkey.

If Man U normally sell 50 million shirts, with various names on the back.

If they sign Pogba and still sell 50 million shirts, but just more with his name on, no change.

However, if they then sell 60 million shirts due to him bringing in another 10 million divvies who "like" a player, than support a club - fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    Quite mad. I remember as a kid Trevor Francis going for 1 million... my dad laughed his head off at that. Goodness knows what he'd make of it now AND season tickets at some Premier Clubs costing more than your annual golf subs! No thanks
    In todays market Trevor Francis is probably still worth a mill.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post

If they sign Pogba and still sell 50 million shirts, but just more with his name on, no change.

However, if they then sell 60 million shirts due to him bringing in another 10 million divvies who "like" a player, than support a club - fair enough.

Hey don't you go being all level headed and spoil the justification of inflated transfer fees............

dab.......

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post

But without having a Pogba or Neymar in the team their shirt sales could drop to say 40 million.