Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Speed of play

Re: Speed of play

Your not a lone voice in this and the whole thing is hyperthetical anyway as we all acknowledge that at club level the resources aren't there to identify slow players in a fair way.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    Your not a lone voice in this ........

We old skiers must stick together.

We "draw" the majority of our comps and we "fiddle" it by putting a known slow player with two that don't hang around. It appears to work for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    We "draw" the majority of our comps and we "fiddle" it by putting a known slow player with two that don't hang around. It appears to work for us.
    Why not fiddle it and put the slow player out last with other slow players?
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Tour Winner

That was my reaction when I first encountered the concept of Group Pace of Play some years ago.
    We debated it within my county but it got no support at all.

Im not sure if some sort of conclusion could come out of this

Tour Winner

I do however think the 'staging post' is a good idea when the organisers are short of qualified referees.
    Using 3 or 4 'unqualified' helpers to time the players through strategic holes to alert one referee with a buggy to a problem could be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    Why not fiddle it and put the slow player out last with other slow players?
    Do you get involved in cards and comps. I wouldn't want to hang about waiting for know groups of slow players.

Assistant Pro

If you're not prepared to do anything about slow play, then just put up with it - no whining about it.
    The group pace of play works, and the players appreciate that it works. (and I'm not going to enter any "moral" arguments about it; that's just arguing personal opinions.)

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by rulie View Post
    If you're not prepared to do anything about slow play, then just put up with it - no whining about it.
    The group pace of play works, and the players appreciate that it works. (and I'm not going to enter any "moral" arguments about it; that's just arguing personal opinions.)
    Moral arguments are just personal opinions???? Wow. To hold a moral objection to a course of action is hardly "whining about it". Slow play can be, and is managed without unfairness.

I wondered if the "it works so it it's all right" argument would emerge. That's what Donald Trump says about waterboarding.
    Last edited by Colin L; 16-Jul-2017 at 18:49.