View Poll Results: Do you want to wear a jacket and tie?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh yes!

16 14.04%
  • Oh no.

75 65.79%
  • meh

23 20.18%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacket and Tie

Re: Jacket and Tie

I am very happy to wear a Jacket & tie + polished leather shoes if this is required, it all adds to the day imo.
    Driver - Callaway XR 2016
    Hybrid - 22 Callaway XR
    3,5 & 7 wood - Callaway XR
    Callaway Steelhead irons
    Odyssey no 882

Head Pro

I play a lot of club matches. Most require jacket and tie afterwards.

It is not the tie I dislike as it carries the club logo, it is mainly the jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by jim8flog View Post
    I play a lot of club matches. Most require jacket and tie afterwards.

It is not the tie I dislike as it carries the club logo, it is mainly the jacket.
    Funnily enough we began to struggle to get players for some matches which involved jacket and tie after. We've swapped to a brunch before the match to get both sides to meet each other and then sandwiches and chips after. Far more popular and something I know other clubs we played away and had to change for are now doing too

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Funnily enough we began to struggle to get players for some matches which involved jacket and tie after. We've swapped to a brunch before the match to get both sides to meet each other and then sandwiches and chips after. Far more popular and something I know other clubs we played away and had to change for are now doing too
    Our Coggs (seniors) is a strict Jacket & tie affair, our B-team in the main is also J&T, especially at away fixtures but it has had a relaxed dress code on a couple of occasions doing the 'brunch' thing and when it aligns with our draw night so smart casual is then acceptable, our A-team is always smart casual home & away, but we are struggling for players right across the board, more so the A-team, so the dress codes aren't the issue?
    Member of http://www.coventrygolf.co.uk/

www.justgiving.com/GolfMonthlyForumHFH2017

Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 17.5

19 months without an Infraction!!!

In our club matches the away team has the choice between a full sit down meal, with jackets and ties, or sandwiches and chips on the patio still in golf clothes. Doesn't bother me either way, both have their merits. I think as long people can have a beer they don't really care!

Our club matches are a mixture of breakfast brunch and full sit down j and t

The numbers dwindle at times not because of the dress code but because of the course playing against and how much of the day it takes out

After Reading through the thread It appears the Jacket And Tie thing is a lot more Common in the South.

If internet polls were around 80 years ago this thread would be about "playing in a jacket and tie," not post round attire!

So, the world moves on. Youngsters at our club are all seen in the latest "Ricky Fowleresque" stuff on the course, and wouldn't dream of playing in "jeans and tee shirts"... but generally, they don't own Jackets and Ties!

I'm happy to do what the club wants... it's their hoose after all.
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

We used to have to wear a suit and tie at work 10 years ago now it's just smart casual. I wore one back then because I had to not because I want to.

Same with golf, unless I really badly wanted to play a course then I'd wear a jacket and tie, otherwise I'll go play somewhere else that doesn't force me to do something I don't want to when I'm supposed to be enjoying myself.

Same with club matches, won't play for this very reason.
    Westy----------------------------Official Handicap - May-09 23, Apr-10 20.2, May-11 13.5, April-12 12.7, Sep-12 11.0 (Oh yes), July-13 11.6, Apr-14 12.5, Oct-15 11-5, Feb-16 11.4, Apr-17 - 11.7http://www.knebworthgolfclub.coml

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    After Reading through the thread It appears the Jacket And Tie thing is a lot more Common in the South.
    I think this is very true. I'm pleased I live in the north as I hate wearing a tie . I have yet to play a club that insists on J & T and yes I have played at some nice clubs.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Cobra Baffler 5w, Nike Covert Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter