Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Lewis Hamilton really doesn't get it

Whether you like the guy as a person or not, you cant argue that he is probably the best ont he grid right now, and is obviously a pure racer rather than corporate worker.
    At the time I didn't like Senna, but now I admire his brio and all out racer style, and Hamilton definately reminds me of Senna.
    Forever trying.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    Whether you like the guy as a person or not, you cant argue that he is probably the best ont he grid right now, and is obviously a pure racer rather than corporate worker.
    At the time I didn't like Senna, but now I admire his brio and all out racer style, and Hamilton definately reminds me of Senna.
    i dont think he is the best on the grid. i think he has the best car. botas is all of sudden on the podium coming from nowhere. i dont doubt you still need to be a good driver but i think its the arrow not the Indian in formula 1.

He might be a good driver but he's still a nob.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Pathetic Shark View Post
    He might be a good driver but he's still a nob.
    agreed

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    i dont think he is the best on the grid. i think he has the best car. botas is all of sudden on the podium coming from nowhere. i dont doubt you still need to be a good driver but i think its the arrow not the Indian in formula 1.
    Alonso and Hamilton are the 2 best drivers on the grid IMO. Would be good to see both of them in the best car to see who is actually the best. Verstappen in a properly fast car would also be great to see.

P1 in qualy
    All laps lead
    Fastest lap
    race win
    COYS

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    P1 in qualy
    All laps lead
    Fastest lap
    race win
    Great for the sport and appreciated and liked by those that pay to watch and support it.

Was that a good decision by Ferrari regarding tyres? Clearly not give the puncture and Raikonnen having to come in with a few laps left. Why would you gamble on staying out all race? Seemed a flawed policy from the start

Quote Originally Posted by ger147 View Post
    Alonso and Hamilton are the 2 best drivers on the grid IMO. Would be good to see both of them in the best car to see who is actually the best. Verstappen in a properly fast car would also be great to see.
    They were both in a McLaren in Hamilton's first season in F1. Alonso seemed to get the hump because Hamilton was just as quick.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Fair enough. Forget everyone else, forget gov't services, just look after yourself. Where is Harry Enfield when you need him, Loadsamoney ����
    I think that's right if you live somewhere and use the services etc. but then through artificial wizadry aren't paying tax here.

However, if you genuinely don't live here, why should you pay tax here on your earnings? Just because you're from here? That would be silly.

Back to discussing the race though..... he drove brilliantly this weekend, didn't put a foot wrong.

There is nobody in the field that has a better lap in them than him. His one lap speed is phenomenal. What he lacks, which probably goes hand in hand with the flair that enables him to put in those flying laps, is the boring consistency that accumulates points and wins titles. He's either absolutely on it, or he's struggling. Not many ground out 2nd and 3rd place finishes.
    Last edited by Canary_Yellow; 17-Jul-2017 at 13:34.
    Handicap: 12