Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Golf coaches

Tour Rookie

Re: Golf coaches

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    I have the same issue with various tradesmen. We stick with them as long as possible if they are decent but there reaches a point where you have to say enough is enough. The guy might be a good coach but his admin and response time is amateurish. Move on would be my advice.
    My mate for once came up with some sound advice

I go this golf centre anyways and their are 4 coaches

I am not tied to any as I used my last lesson (could transfer lessons anyways apparently) so he said least give his old guy a go and see how it goes for one lesson

If I don't like it then can go back to my guy but if I like it ive gained a more reailble replier

Im looking for a new coach as Ive never had lessons, got down to 12 and I know i can go lower I just need to find consistency.

The coach at my local range doesnt have the Tech that im looking for from a coach, I want to be able to see my swing and have it properly analyzed. Where do you recommend finding a coach?
    In The Bag & Club:
    • Driver - Titleist 913D2 9.5° - Diamana 62 S+ Blue
    • Fairway Wood - Cobra King F7 15.5° Draw Bias - Fujikura Pro 65S
    • Hybrid - Titleist 816H1 19° - Diamana S+ 70 Silver
    • Irons - Titleist AP2 716 4 - PW - Dynamic Gold XP 115 S300 - Std Length, 1° Upright
    • Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 50°, 54° & 58° all V-MG
    • Putter - Ping Cadence TR Anser 2
    • Balls - Vice Pro+
    • HCP 2017 - 12.4 > 12.0 > 11.4 > 11.6
    • Sandbach Golf Club
    • www.sandbachgolfclub.co.uk

The coach I've started seeing the last few months has been brilliant, has really improved my game. At the end of each lesson I always make sure I book the next one with him, or even the next two or three.

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Don Barzini View Post
    The coach I've started seeing the last few months has been brilliant, has really improved my game. At the end of each lesson I always make sure I book the next one with him, or even the next two or three.
    After the last lesson I went to book another and he said give myself time for the baby to settle in (due End of June) then he would contact me in July to book my next lesson

Otherwise I'd of booked a lesson in for sure

Life finds a way of getting in the way of things

Club Champion

Jates12 I highly recommend Pete Allan at Ashton in Makerfield which is drivable from you up M6. He has a teaching studio with all tech, responds to emails ( and even comments helpfully on my social media moans about my bad days!) and is known in the area as the guy to go to even from other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    Life finds a way of getting in the way of things
    Absolutely! Got three young kids myself, which is not conducive to playing much golf!

With my lessons, I picked a time in the week I knew I could always make it for a lesson without anything getting in the way. I'm fortunate that where I get lessons is not far from my work, so I can sneak away in my lunch hour and get one in once a week. And fortunately, my coach is usually available at this time - mostly cos I make sure I'm booked in! Got one later today actually - putting!

Tour Rookie

Absolutely! Got three young kids myself, which is not conducive to playing much golf!

With my lessons, I picked a time in the week I knew I could always make it for a lesson without anything getting in the way. I'm fortunate that where I get lessons is not far from my work, so I can sneak away in my lunch hour and get one in once a week. And fortunately, my coach is usually available at this time - mostly cos I make sure I'm booked in! Got one later today actually - putting!
    thats a problem though there isnt a set time im ever free, my shifts can change at short notice depending on requirements for my skill set and only get 30 mins meal break so cant sneak off mid shift they would notice

would love to though lol

I miss my second pro , shame he had to leave the country he was brilliant at fitting me in.. even would come into work an hour early for me
    In the bag TM M2 10.5 DriverTM M2 3 woodPing G15 5 woodTM Jetspeed 3 HybridTM Jetspeed 4 HybridTitliest 716 ap1 6-9 SM5 vokey wedges 46, 50, 54 , 58 degreeOdyssey White Hot Rossie Putter

pauljames87, whereabouts are you based?

Tour Rookie

pauljames87, whereabouts are you based?
    Havering in greater london

Tour Rookie

I may be the biggest wuss that's ever lived lol

Saw my pro when I go range, first person I clocked he asked about baby etc etc small talk

So I asked about lessons suddenly I'm fit in for Monday with a block of 4 booked again... lol

Wuss!

However only bug bear which I must move past is if you could fit me in Monday why not say when I text last Monday saying I can do Monday - Wednesday next week aswel if that helps

Will take everyone's advice that said bring your diary and just book the next lesson in advance then show up