Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Re: Dress Code - Who is responsible?

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWilliams View Post
    I agree with D4s on the extra effort is worth it and I would just comply with their requirements.

For instance to miss out on going into the clubhouse at RSG and missing out on lunch, just due to not willing to put on a jacket/tie, it was very special in there, the history, the feelings, the cards on the wall and so on etc. Well worth it, l loved the forum day out there in February and hope to go back one day. Forum days are great.
    I think that sort of thing might be lost on me. I love playing golf as much as anyone and trying new courses, but I don't have a lot of interest in the history aspect. I rarely even watch golf on TV.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Slazenger Firesteel 3 & 5 woods (from original starter set )
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Srixon AD333 balls
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8

Quote Originally Posted by MendieGK View Post
    my issue with the dress code of jacket and tie at lunch (with golf PM too). is purely that you dont have time to change and eat and the whole thing is just illogical.
    Were you playing 36 holes?

A few places we have matches against we have to do this and its never a problem, but have only been 16 of us per side
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Responsibility lies 50/50 in this case imo.

For NZ not to allow you to order chips is astonishing behaviour from such an established club.

Wait until we turn up next week
    I am looking forward to you turning up next week to an empty car park and the course to yourself.

You may actually win
    For anyone wanting for more info on the Sunningdale mega meet 2017 please e mail Trump2016@hotmail.com

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Quaker View Post
    I am looking forward to you turning up next week to an empty car park and the course to yourself.

You may actually win
    You know what I meant numb nuts. I'll beat you Mr Lincoln "NR King" Quaker even without my 2 shot hole

Quote Originally Posted by MendieGK View Post
    so do you shower after the morning round and then put the suit on, then put your golf gear back on? all of this in approx and hour (need to eat your 3 course lunch too)....

New Zealand is not in the same league as other courses in the area.
    Plenty of time - shower and change only takes 5/10 mins max

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Well there will be a hell of a lot of clubs and indeed mainly all the best clubs in the GB that you shouldn't visit then.
    Yep. And that's fine. I hate the image of golf sometimes, and there's a big correlation between the tie and blazer set and the Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden crowd. I'm sure that's a sweeping statement but I stand by it. And I'm sure none of them are weeping at the thought of losing me as a potential punter.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Plenty of time - shower and change only takes 5/10 mins max
    spose' their is less of you to clean isn't there
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.8

Medal Winner

I wouldn't expect to eat a CARVERY with a jacket and tie on midday.
    I'd blame the club for being pretentious and not getting modern. And for not letting you know that the stick is still firmly wedged up there.,
    Give it 10 years and it'll change once the old toffs die off.
    Younger new golfers won't be flooding to these courses and eventually they'll struggle for membership. They'll be forced to change.

I pay a significant fee for my club (most expensive annual subs in area including two soon to be open qualifying venues) and I can stroll round in the bar with my shoes and hat on, and wear whatever colour socks I damn well like. Which is black.

Take the club off your society rota. Especially after your chips fiasco.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbrown View Post
    I wouldn't expect to eat a CARVERY with a jacket and tie on midday.
    I'd blame the club for being pretentious and not getting modern. And for not letting you know that the stick is still firmly wedged up there.,
    Give it 10 years and it'll change once the old toffs die off.
    Younger new golfers won't be flooding to these courses and eventually they'll struggle for membership. They'll be forced to change.

I pay a significant fee for my club (most expensive annual subs in area including two soon to be open qualifying venues) and I can stroll round in the bar with my shoes and hat on, and wear whatever colour socks I damn well like. Which is black.

Take the club off your society rota. Especially after your chips fiasco.
    i dont think the club will be there in 10 years once they have to sell due to the McLaren development - crying shame!
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbrown View Post
    Rebellious black socks, you are pushing the boundaries there .
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Cobra Baffler 5w, Nike Covert Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter