Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Dress Code - Who is responsible?

Quote Originally Posted by MendieGK View Post
    there was 33 of us. The issue came to light first thing in the morning when the pro mentioned it to one of the players.

I then took it upon myself to try and get it sorted before i teed off - i have no idea what would have happened if we'd just finished the morning round and then expected to eat.. hadnt even crossed my mind!
    33 Jeez! Maybe not a bad thing as it sounds like you missed out on a carvery menu of: Cup-a-soup, Rustlers micro-burger with crinkle cut McCain and an arctic roll!

Hope the sarnies were nice

These clubs have a cheek, they'll be asking you to wear a jacket and tie for bangers and mash next!

oh, ang on a minute...
    H'cap 14.8

Tour Rookie

Firstly let me say - i have no issues with whatever dress code a golf course wishes to employ. Its their club they can make their rules.

However - Who is responsible for making you aware of those Rules For a whole society day not a normal 4 ball?
    (bear in mind this club does NOT have a website and does not communicate via email)
    I think it should go like :-

The person who takes responsibility for the group - is the organiser and should inform the players and should know all the booking conditions(dress code, handicap requirements etc).

What should the Organiser do and expect from club - I would expect a letter or email be sent when booking is confirmed enclosing matters such as dress codes. However to be blunt(if I am allowed to be) as an organiser going to a older style golf club, you should have been asking in detail before booking, to ensure it met your don't change at lunchtime requirement.

I suppose a lesson learnt but both parties sound like partly to blame(them for not sending out dress code requirements and you for not asking), and really could not have made for a pleasant day for you.

I think there are still a few clubs around that would expect you to wear Jacket and Tie at Lunch.

they would more likely be the old fashioned traditional Members clubs and prob a clue might also be if they didn't have lady members.

some of the comments one these threads always surprise me that many would not visit a a top course just because of some dress code issue (not the OP, this is different). How difficult is it to wear a pair of shoes/ Trousers to visit a top course??
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Chokeahontas View Post
    I have problems with clubs banning trainers in the bar (you're a sports club!), to the extent I haven't been back to play that course, I can't imagine how outraged I'd be at demanding wearing a stupid tie and jacket..
    Well there will be a hell of a lot of clubs and indeed mainly all the best clubs in the GB that you shouldn't visit then.

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    I think there are still a few clubs around that would expect you to wear Jacket and Tie at Lunch.

they would more likely be the old fashioned traditional Members clubs and prob a clue might also be if they didn't have lady members.

some of the comments one these threads always surprise me that many would not visit a a top course just because of some dress code issue (not the OP, this is different). How difficult is it to wear a pair of shoes/ Trousers to visit a top course??
    Shoes and trousers are fine obviously. Jacket and ties though, just gives off this image of some pompous up-themselves club that you wouldn't to spend time in I think.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post

Never been faced with the decision yet so not sure whether i'd go/not go, but I do know that if it was collar & tie I'd want to find out that it was the restaurant that was 'top' too not just the course

Bit off topic but a lunchtime carvery doesn't outwardly suggest its worthy of a jacket/collar/tie dealy, more of a pub chain menu that

as long as I can change in the car park them im cool....

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    Shoes and trousers are fine obviously. Jacket and ties though, just gives off this image of some pompous up-themselves club that you wouldn't to spend time in I think.
    Matter of opinion I guess but to me it's worth making the effort to play courses like Rye, RSG and Swinley Forest.

He basically said if you've been to all these other clubs you should know they all have the same rule....

Woking/St Georges Hill - Jacket over golf attire
    West Hill/Worplesdon/Hanley - no change required

These things happen Sam.. swapped a few messages with Big Steve and George this week about it. Blame all aimed at Club, not the organiser! In the days I ran a Soc, everywhere was J&T after, the odd one wanted mid round change of clothes.

Trouble is, some of these places are still wealthy (and arrogant) enough to not be overly bothered about Customer Service and good manners. It's only when the cash starts to dry up they have a change of attitude.

Growing up in Surrey in the 80s, I remember when you approached some clubs to be a member or to visit, they just told you to F.O. Now I get 5 emails a week begging me to go and play!
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"