Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Dress Code - Who is responsible?

you should have checked on here

forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?41969-New-Zealand-Golf-Club-Surrey
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

I used to play in a society that visited all the above mentioned clubs. By default, everyone used to take a jacket and tie for dinner so if it was required for lunch then there wasn't a problem.

Club Champion

I have problems with clubs banning trainers in the bar (you're a sports club!), to the extent I haven't been back to play that course, I can't imagine how outraged I'd be at demanding wearing a stupid tie and jacket..

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    I used to play in a society that visited all the above mentioned clubs. By default, everyone used to take a jacket and tie for dinner so if it was required for lunch then there wasn't a problem.
    we don't have dinner after mate so has never been needed, and by rule i don't visit clubs that make you change halfway between (hence not going to Berkshire).
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.2

Tour Winner

I didnt add, the Pro seems to be separate from the club, as he was very much of the opinion the club was full of 'plonkers' (insert other words).
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.2

sounds like the perfect club for D4S....

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MendieGK View Post
    we don't have dinner after mate so has never been needed, and by rule i don't visit clubs that make you change halfway between (hence not going to Berkshire).
    I wouldn't want to play golf and have to get changed for lunch to get changed back for golf...............

Thankfully in the NE I can only think of one club that insists on a J & T and I would never play there as it is not exceptional enough to warrant the hassle. I guess if you have more courses near you that have this rule you will have to put it down as lesson learnt and you will check in advance. Personally I would ask before booking and say thanks but no thanks if it was required.

At least you have the satisfaction of knowing that your society will never give this club another penny in green fees or over the bar.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

With no website or email communication did the club sec offer any explanation has to how you were supposed to know about their club rule?

As far as I can see online others have been reliant on tip-offs, hearsay, past experience etc in order to make sure they comply which seems a tad hit & miss for the club & visitors

How many players were there? I cant imagine the club throwing out piles of fresh food that your guys couldn't avail of so either you were a small group or they did just chuck it... or maybe they just microwave from frozen

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    With no website or email communication did the club sec offer any explanation has to how you were supposed to know about their club rule?

As far as I can see online others have been reliant on tip-offs, hearsay, past experience etc in order to make sure they comply which seems a tad hit & miss for the club & visitors

How many players were there? I cant imagine the club throwing out piles of fresh food that your guys couldn't avail of so either you were a small group or they did just chuck it... or maybe they just microwave from frozen
    there was 33 of us. The issue came to light first thing in the morning when the pro mentioned it to one of the players.

I then took it upon myself to try and get it sorted before i teed off - i have no idea what would have happened if we'd just finished the morning round and then expected to eat.. hadnt even crossed my mind!