Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: For those in need of a chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceBoy View Post
    Look great IMO, can see these doing well and being in a fair few bags.

If your semi-casual like myself in need of a set then these would make it into the bag. I don't get to spend the 3-4 hours practising like I used to so would consider.

Anyone more than a once a month golfer might not need or want however, which is probably most of this forum.

I say good but brave move, I really hope these does well and more top manufactures bring them out, this ending this stigma around clubs that could really make this game more enjoyable for many golfers.
    Stigma is a very strong word. It's more like banter than people actually being persecuted.

It's just a bit of fun ribbing your mates really.

Quote Originally Posted by tugglesf239 View Post
    Stigma is a very strong word. It's more like banter than people actually being persecuted.

It's just a bit of fun ribbing your mates really.
    But it gets into peoples heads, its all in the receivers head, banter or otherwise and it does affect buying choices. Hopefully big brands doing this will reduce it and semi-casual golfers can knock those silly duffs off their card.

I am still not sure what a "chilli dip" shot is yet but I probably do them every week.
    Playing at Cambridge Lakes, practising my short game with my V-Easy and my Ping Zing Redwood (Putter for life)

Chandlers Ford Golf Academy Club Champion (Scratch) 2012, Inactive Handicap: 12

Three Goals Method- My Game plan

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Big decision by a renowned wedge maker to go for something that extreme
    How?

As far as I can tell this just seems to be the latest version of an existing product line within their wedge range and it doesn't appear to be 'extreme' in its design

Honestly it might be worth you reviewing these or other chippers... or even put them up against a 'traditional' wedge (for want of a better adj) in a kind of 'chip-off' contest

Callaway do their version - the Sure Out - worth a look at
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    How?

As far as I can tell this just seems to be the latest version of an existing product line within their wedge range and it doesn't appear to be 'extreme' in its design

Honestly it might be worth you reviewing these or other chippers... or even put them up against a 'traditional' wedge (for want of a better adj) in a kind of 'chip-off' contest
    Go for it Homer! Give them a shot, could be the solution!

If I had the cash I certainly would try them out but I'm broke

Assistant Pro

My daughter has played for around a year, her game is improving a lot but struggles a bit around the green sometimes thinning shots and fluffing chips and pitches. As she does not have the size and strength yet to hit the ball over 140 yards saving shots around the green makes a big difference. I am thinking of getting a chipper and cutting it down for her to try, her clubs are juniors Ping Moxie with lightweight graphite shafts. Do you think a chipper would be a good idea or a bad idea? Or should I just let her play with her normal clubs and let her learn to improve her pitching and chipping with them?

Not a bad idea pool as long as it doesn't become a crutch.

I would say chippers save shots up to the point where it's not getting you close enough.

Lofted clubs can help get the ball closer in many green side situations.

Other option is to use a longer club and chip and run, say a 5 iron

Club Champion

Anything is a good idea if it helps make the game easier and accessible, I have a lot of friends who I would dearly love to play golf with, who try it and just find the curve too steep.

I also am aware of people who view my hybrid and utility iron as 'cheat' clubs

Money List Winner

To the naysayers, I'm curious.

Do do you all use permission woods and blades with balata balls?

Imo how you see the game should determine what you use.

if you're stuck in 28 but love blades for the rush of those few pure strikes a round, good luck to you.

If you're off 2 bit prefer gi irons as they help you feel confident go ahead.

But to pour scorn on someone who is trying to improve and use a club that helps (7 wood, chipper) is poor form imo.

If i felt I needed either of them I'd go straight ahead and use em.

that said, they do look pretty ugly!
    Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 18.0

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    Callaway do their version - the Sure Out - worth a look at
    have you used it?