Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56
  1. #41
    Challenge Tour Pro HankMarvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    634

    Re: John Rahm's ball repositioning

    Quote Originally Posted by shivas irons View Post
    All youve said is rubbish,you say Garcia's ball didnt move and then say it did
    Rahm & Thompson did the same thing
    And theres no way club golfs as honourable as it was.
    Why do you constantly want an argument with people,is your life really that dull that your prepared to trash talk to get a reaction?
    Honestly mate your becoming the laughing stock on here,
    Ive said it before and i'll say it again,I dont want you responding to messages I post.....

    Chivas, I think you have been on the Chivas Regal.....

    for once & I most certainly hate to admit it here but Pill is correct, not very often he is but this time he is spot on.
    TM Aero Burner Driver Fujikura Pro Xlr8 63 Tour xTM M1 3 wood another Fujikura shaftSrixon Z765 3-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 130 shaftsTM Spider Red Ltd Edition Putter Cleveland RTX-3 wedges 50 54 58 Tour Satin

  2. #42
    Assistant Pro Lazkir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    143

    Re: John Rahm's ball repositioning

    Quote Originally Posted by shivas irons View Post
    All youve said is rubbish,you say Garcia's ball didnt move and then say it did
    Rahm & Thompson did the same thing
    And theres no way club golfs as honourable as it was.
    Why do you constantly want an argument with people,is your life really that dull that your prepared to trash talk to get a reaction?
    Honestly mate your becoming the laughing stock on here,
    Ive said it before and i'll say it again,I dont want you responding to messages I post.....

    Bib, the only certain way to stop him replying to your posts is to stop posting yourself.

    Win win for the forum I reckon!
    Handicap 12.6 Ping G20 Driver MD 3 & 5 Woods Ping G20 Hybrid Ping G20 Irons 5 - U Cleveland RTX Cav 60 degree Wedge Odyssey Works Wide Versa Putter

  3. #43
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: John Rahm's ball repositioning

    Quote Originally Posted by HankMarvin View Post
    Chivas, I think you have been on the Chivas Regal.....

    for once & I most certainly hate to admit it here but Pill is correct, not very often he is but this time he is spot on.
    Go on big up the resident troll,very wise.Some people need to read my post and UNDERSTAND the point i'm making about infractions and penalties in tour golf being policed without any common ground.
    Did any of you guys see what Phil Mickelson was getting away with in a tournament a few months back,it was like everytime he demanded a drop to get a better lie the ref's granted it,honestly it was becoming a farce.Have the players really got that much bigger than the rules of golf that they come first....
    Last edited by shivas irons; 11-Jul-2017 at 18:32.

  4. #44
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    58,142

    Re: John Rahm's ball repositioning

    Quote Originally Posted by shivas irons View Post
    Have the players really got bigger that much bigger than the rules of golf that they come first....
    Really??? And you don't think Seve ever got any of his decisions based on who he was and his reputation?

  5. #45
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,122

    Re: John Rahm's ball repositioning

    Quote Originally Posted by shivas irons View Post
    Have the players really got bigger that much bigger than the rules of golf that they come first....
    No

    And if the course installs a network of sprinklers in their trees then the tournament committee make the decision whether to permit relief (take no action) or designate them as integral parts of the course in the LR. Then again as they use a hard card LR approach and, rightly, are loath to deviate because it inevitably causes problems, they left them. All golfers competing were subject to the same rules - it wasn't that Phil was getting away with anything because he was a bigger player but that he was seen to be obtaining relief because he was a bigger player and had the cameras on him all the time!
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

    10.8 and moving the right way again...

  6. #46
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: John Rahm's ball repositioning

    After being away all weekend with no internet, Iv just seen the incident.
    Is it just me or does the putter head look at a totally different angle when he puts it back down to replace the marker? Is it because the camera has moved or is this the 10/11 pm thing they are talking about?
    I'm 50/50 whether he should be punished or not, there was a lot going on there when marking and replacing.
    Nothing about it is even remotely close to the lexi Thomson thing. As for the Garcia one, even comparing it is laughable.

  7. #47
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: John Rahm's ball repositioning

    Quote Originally Posted by duncan mackie View Post
    No

    And if the course installs a network of sprinklers in their trees then the tournament committee make the decision whether to permit relief (take no action) or designate them as integral parts of the course in the LR. Then again as they use a hard card LR approach and, rightly, are loath to deviate because it inevitably causes problems, they left them. All golfers competing were subject to the same rules - it wasn't that Phil was getting away with anything because he was a bigger player but that he was seen to be obtaining relief because he was a bigger player and had the cameras on him all the time!

    Those sprinkler head decisions were very dubious,agree he used the rules to his favour and good on him but he did seem to sway the ref away from any doubt.

  8. #48
    Challenge Tour Pro HankMarvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    634

    Re: John Rahm's ball repositioning

    Quote Originally Posted by shivas irons View Post
    Go on big up the resident troll,very wise.Some people need to read my post and UNDERSTAND the point i'm making about infractions and penalties in tour golf being policed without any common ground.
    Did any of you guys see what Phil Mickelson was getting away with in a tournament a few months back,it was like everytime he demanded a drop to get a better lie the ref's granted it,honestly it was becoming a farce.Have the players really got that much bigger than the rules of golf that they come first....
    The ref viewed the footage then got another rules official to do the same he spoke to the player and made the correct discisson based on the facts. The story about it being 6-9 inches it total crap and clear to see if you watch the footage.

    Not sure what the problem is ?
    TM Aero Burner Driver Fujikura Pro Xlr8 63 Tour xTM M1 3 wood another Fujikura shaftSrixon Z765 3-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 130 shaftsTM Spider Red Ltd Edition Putter Cleveland RTX-3 wedges 50 54 58 Tour Satin

  9. #49
    Ryder Cup Winner Region3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    12,108

    Re: John Rahm's ball repositioning

    I've not heard any of the chat about the incident, but having just watched it, it looked to me that he just forgot he'd put the marker at the side of the ball when he originally marked it.

  10. #50
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    58,142

    Re: John Rahm's ball repositioning

    Quote Originally Posted by HankMarvin View Post
    The ref viewed the footage then got another rules official to do the same he spoke to the player and made the correct discisson based on the facts. The story about it being 6-9 inches it total crap and clear to see if you watch the footage.

    Not sure what the problem is ?
    Totally agree. The referee made a decision based on the TV evidence based and the discussions with the players. Whether that was technically the correct one is a separate question, but surely no different to different interpretations made by referees in all sports (accidental offside in the Lions game last weekend etc).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

The Open Tee Times 2017: Final Round

Here are the final round tee times of the 146th Open Championship at Royal Birkdale

July 22, 2017

Jordan Spieth Takes Control Of The Open 2017

Jordan Spieth fires a third-round 65 to take a three-shot lead over Matt Kuchar into Sunday.

July 22, 2017

Open Championship Golf Betting Tips

Finally it is the week you have all been waiting for, its the Open Championship and its at Royal Birkdale near Southport in the north west of England, check out who we have picked to do well with these Open Championship Golf Betting Tips

July 22, 2017

Branden Grace Shoots First Ever 62 In A Major

The South African shot 62 at Royal Birkdale in the Open 2017 to become the first man ever to shoot 62 in a major championship

July 22, 2017

The Open 2017 Weather Forecast

We take a look at the Open Championship weather forecast at Royal Birkdale in Southport

July 22, 2017