Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Ryder Cup Winner fundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milton Keynes, Bucks
    Posts
    13,107

    Re: TV Golf Channels

    currently no live golf on BT sport no
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

    Handicap: 7

  2. #2
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    203

    TV Golf Channels

    Do any of the BT Sports channels (e.g. ESPN?) show live golf?

    I am thinking of moving from Sky to Virgin. I refuse to pay for Sky sports because I refuse to contribute to the inflated salaries of overpaid football players. My Sky TV and my BT phone has gradually crept up to about 100 a month and I can get Virgin 'Full house' for 62 a month (that includes the BT Sports channels not Sky).

  3. #3
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    203

    Re: TV Golf Channels

    Ooops just noticed another thread on Sky Sports with pretty much the question!

  4. #4
    Tour Winner Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    4,445

    Re: TV Golf Channels

    I've got Virgin and Sky sports, will be keeping the Sky Sports. Seen an advert today that Sky Sports is changing on the 18th July, 10 sports channels, one of which will be a dedicated Golf Channel.
    H4H - HC Challenge

    Khamelion 20.3 -> 20 (19.5)

    Bazzatron 20 -> ???

  5. #5
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    1,181

    Re: TV Golf Channels

    Get an android box then you'll be able to get The Golf Channel for free. This is the NBC coverage

  6. #6
    Tour Winner ArnoldArmChewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Welwyn
    Posts
    3,625

    Re: TV Golf Channels

    Quote Originally Posted by balaclava View Post
    Do any of the BT Sports channels (e.g. ESPN?) show live golf?

    I am thinking of moving from Sky to Virgin. I refuse to pay for Sky sports because I refuse to contribute to the inflated salaries of overpaid football players. My Sky TV and my BT phone has gradually crept up to about 100 a month and I can get Virgin 'Full house' for 62 a month (that includes the BT Sports channels not Sky).
    Try talking top sky, if you have been with them a while they are likely to do a deal to keep you. This is something I do annually, annoying that I have to but saves around 350.00 a year.
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Irons currently - Titleist 718 AP1's (courtesy of GM and Titleist)
    Scotty squareback

  7. #7
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    1,280

    Re: TV Golf Channels

    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldArmChewer View Post
    Try talking top sky, if you have been with them a while they are likely to do a deal to keep you. This is something I do annually, annoying that I have to but saves around 350.00 a year.
    This.

    Phone and cancel (you will be offered a small discount to stay by the first person you speak to. Don't accept this offer but just ask to be put through to the cancellations team). You will have to give 30 days notice so no interruption to your viewing.

    Almost immediately, if you log on to the MySky site you will have a better offer to stay (typically 50% on your TV package in my experience). Don't click on this or you will accept it.

    At some point during the 30 days (typically in the 3rd week), you should receive a call from their 'retentions team'. This is the money call. You should be offered an even better deal to stay. It varies from year to year, the best I've had from them is 75% of TV package, free broadband, phone, HD and half price multi-room.

    My package at full price is around 150 per month, I rarely pay more than 80-90, for all TV, broadband, phone, 2 additional boxes etc etc.

  8. #8
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Stockport,Cheshire
    Posts
    240

    Re: TV Golf Channels

    We left sky last year, we had a 50% discounted package, came to the end of offer period, so rang up to cancel expecting them to offer us the same 50% off, nope, we can only offer 10% off, passed onto retentions, we can do 20% maximum so we ended up cancelling, literally 2 days later had a letter offering 50%, then a few weeks later offering 75% and we have been getting these monthly for the lasy 18 months. Seems a very bizarre way of doing business. But like the OP fed up of very averages footballers on 50k a week. Found other means of watching all the sport I want
    Nike Vapor speed Ping G30 3 wood Ping G25 4 wood Benross 3 hybrid Nike Vapor pro 4-Pw Titleist SM6 50 wedge Cleveland 54 wedge Cleveland 58 wedge Odyssey 2 ball Handicap 2017 20>20.1>19.5>18>15.5

  9. #9
    Head Pro Lambchops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Posts
    251

    Re: TV Golf Channels

    Can't get sky here so bought an android box and a 'sub' service - 75quid a year for the lot, all sky and us channels inc 3pm footy.

  10. #10
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    223

    Re: TV Golf Channels

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyj1984 View Post
    We left sky last year, we had a 50% discounted package, came to the end of offer period, so rang up to cancel expecting them to offer us the same 50% off, nope, we can only offer 10% off, passed onto retentions, we can do 20% maximum so we ended up cancelling, literally 2 days later had a letter offering 50%, then a few weeks later offering 75% and we have been getting these monthly for the lasy 18 months. Seems a very bizarre way of doing business. But like the OP fed up of very averages footballers on 50k a week. Found other means of watching all the sport I want
    Yep I had the same, there is no guarantee you will get a 75% off offer it seems hit and miss.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Black Friday Adidas Deals

Adidas have a superb sale on for Black Friday with 30% off everything - including the already reduced prices on their outlet

November 22, 2017

Black Friday Golf Deals

Black Friday is the busiest time for shoppers to find great deals on the web, there are plenty of golf deals that are on offer on the day and before and after, we have collated the best ones we have found on the internet

November 22, 2017

Black Friday Nike Golf Deals

There are some outstanding offers for men and women on the Nike store this Black Friday

November 22, 2017

Better Than Half-Priced Adidas Adicross Gripmore 2.0 Shoes for 48.97

Check out these super Adidas Adicross Gripmore 2.0 Shoes part of the excellent adidas Black Friday sale

November 22, 2017

Black Friday Deals Best Golf Shoes 2017

Best Golf Shoes 2017 - New technology and styling mean there has never been as much choice in the golf shoe market. Here are 11 of the best golf shoes 2017

November 22, 2017