Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Battery Recommendations?

So just over a year into owning an electric trolley and battery beginning to fail. It's an 18 hole Yuasa something or other so circa 45. Is it worth upgrading to a Lithium? From what I've seen the 5 year warranty is limited and perhaps just replacing a 45 one every 12 months or so is a cheaper option.

Any recommendtions either way? I am considering going back to my Sun Mountain push trolley but home course is a bit hilly in places!

Thanks

Re: Battery Recommendations?

I bought the one in this thread, been very good so far. and pretty cheap too. 125 delivered

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/sho...ithium-Battery
    COYS

Lithium all day long, especially with all the trips I do, carrying a lightweight lithium into my hotel room to charge is brilliant, but a normal battery is bloody heavy.

Definitely go Lithium imo, I went through many of those Yuasa ones before definitely wouldnt go back no
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Having switched to lithium I would never go back to lead acid. They're far lighter than lead acid and they charge in a fraction of the time.

Thanks guys. The DuraDrive one Paddy suggests looks a good deal at 135 with full 3 year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaJR View Post
    So just over a year into owning an electric trolley and battery beginning to fail. It's an 18 hole Yuasa something or other so circa 45. Is it worth upgrading to a Lithium? From what I've seen the 5 year warranty is limited and perhaps just replacing a 45 one every 12 months or so is a cheaper option.

Any recommendtions either way? I am considering going back to my Sun Mountain push trolley but home course is a bit hilly in places!

Thanks
    I changed to Lithium a couple of years ago, the battery is so much lighter therefore easier to handle and makes the trolley more manouverable, imo lithium is well worth the investment.

FYI I bought an 18 hole motocaddy which will do 36 holes around my home course.
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Irons currently - Titleist 718 AP1's (courtesy of GM and Titleist)
    Scotty squareback

Q-School Graduate

I just replaced an 18 hole lead acid with the same. I only carry it into the house to charge, so weight not an issue. Previous one lasted 5 years, so warranty also not an issue. And it has always done 36 holes when asked, so no complaints there either. I just couldn't convince myself that lithium was worth the expense.
    Handicap 11.1
    Dudsbury GC
    Ping supporter!

The only shot I can influence is the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Canfordhacker View Post
    I just replaced an 18 hole lead acid with the same. I only carry it into the house to charge, so weight not an issue. Previous one lasted 5 years, so warranty also not an issue. And it has always done 36 holes when asked, so no complaints there either. I just couldn't convince myself that lithium was worth the expense.
    The main difference I found was charging time, if you hadnt put it on to charge by 6pm saturday, you werent using it on sundday. The LI batt will charge in a few hours.
    COYS

Ryder Cup Winner

I bought this last year and it's been superb, easily lasted 36 holes at Slaley Hall, great value too.

https://www.topcaddy.co.uk/product/3...ttery-package/