Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Club Champion

Re: Type of clubs do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by glynntaylor View Post
    Cheers...i got that bit...just wondered what category they did fall in.

I play G's at the moment but im liking the thinner top line of the i200's....however, old thing/saying, im not good enough enough for them with my H'cap of 20! However, I just want to enjoy the game like others have said.
    Handicap doesn't really dictate what type of irons you should use, though. It's just a guide in lieu of anything else, some of the best ball strikers I've played with are bad putters and have similar handicap as you.

I do not strike the ball brilliantly, and I get on great with them, I went to the fitting thinking I wanted some GI Mizunos, and the fitter took the i200 with him after watching me hit the ball, and essentially said "don't be scared of these"

Play with what makes you happy surely? It may be that blades won't lead to lower scores and for me it would make a hard game even harder, but if you want to try and use them crack on whether you're single figure or in the 20's. I did actually but a set of Ping S56's which were as close to a blade as they went to try and improve my ball striking, going back to the I25's for games. Did it work? Not really but there is definitely nothing like having a tiny head behind the ball and then puring one out of the middle. Doing regularly was the issue

Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Play with what makes you happy surely? It may be that blades won't lead to lower scores and for me it would make a hard game even harder, but if you want to try and use them crack on whether you're single figure or in the 20's. I did actually but a set of Ping S56's which were as close to a blade as they went to try and improve my ball striking, going back to the I25's for games. Did it work? Not really but there is definitely nothing like having a tiny head behind the ball and then puring one out of the middle. Doing regularly was the issue
    This.

And things like "I like the thin top line" are really worth listening to your thoughts, because a club needs to look good to your eye. Personally, the large offset that some GI irons have was the thing I hated, looked really off-putting and I subconsciously (and then consciously) let it bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chokeahontas View Post
    This.

And things like "I like the thin top line" are really worth listening to your thoughts, because a club needs to look good to your eye. Personally, the large offset that some GI irons have was the thing I hated, looked really off-putting and I subconsciously (and then consciously) let it bother me.
    This is similar to what I'm feeling... I may just have to try a fitting. I'm yellow dot so will be interested what dot colour I'll now be.

Club Champion

All the best people are yellow dotters

Assistant Pro

Currently play Ping G10's and defo looking to change. They have been good clubs but now need a bit more control, and spin. The 1st cut fliers are a nightmare and the offset head design just says "going left". They worked great to get me where I am, but AP2's i200's or Mizzy's are on the shopping list.

Mp4 blade.jpgMP4.jpg

couple of shots of my MP 4 looking a bit bashed.
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017