Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Don't point, shout FORE you idiots!

Hard to hear at 300 yards the shout of fore. I understand there are fines being handed out but I guess they'll be punitive especially compared to the money on offer

As with most things in life, nothing will change until someone is seriously hurt or killed.
    It is disgraceful that the pro's and caddies dont shout fore.
    Forever trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    As with most things in life, nothing will change until someone is seriously hurt or killed.
    Totally agree and it'll happen sooner rather than later especially in the US

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Hard to hear at 300 yards the shout of fore. I understand there are fines being handed out but I guess they'll be punitive especially compared to the money on offer

Shouts resonate up the fairway. The fore shout helps at these tournaments.

I was at the pro am on Wednesday. Its a miracle people don't get seriously hurt at these. Justin rose spoke to my mate and nephew and said you guys were brave standing there as AP McCoy and jimmy Nesbitt had hit a few yards away from where they were standing. I didn't take a chance and stood a little further back.

Nesbitt actually did hit a low duck hook on 17 and hit the crowd about 40 yards from the tee. We were about 50 yards away and all dived and ducked. Luckily it had bounced and took some sting out of it.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*
    Titleist 913 F 16* 4 wood
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Titleist sm5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Lee Trevino Napa style putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--

Quote Originally Posted by garyinderry View Post
    Shouts resonate up the fairway. The fore shout helps at these tournaments.

I was at the pro am on Wednesday. Its a miracle people don't get seriously hurt at these. Justin rose spoke to my mate and nephew and said you guys were brave standing there as AP McCoy and jimmy Nesbitt had hit a few yards away from where they were standing. I didn't take a chance and stood a little further back.

Nesbitt actually did hit a low duck hook on 17 and hit the crowd about 40 yards from the tee. We were about 50 yards away and all dived and ducked. Luckily it had bounced and took some sting out of it.
    I agree the sounds resonate but at many curses there is one or two fairways in proximity and having to be to tour events it's not always 100% certain where the shout is coming from. As for the pro-am I would sooner stand 250-300 yards away as you're safer given the way some celebs can hit it

It doesn't matter a jot where the shout is coming from. U just hear it and duck.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Totally agree and it'll happen sooner rather than later especially in the US
    Surely the chances of someone being killed are minimal? Where would a ball have to hit you to kill you? And at what kind of speed?

Just look at the chap that got hit at the cricket yesterday! The human skull is extremely good at its job.

The biggest risk I would have thought is getting hit in the eye or something like that.

As noted above, the risk at a pro am or on your own course is greater as a pile driver low hook is hugely more dangerous. One of those to the temple could be very serious.
    Handicap: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    A bit OTT... this sounds like a subject to get annoyed about just for the sake of it... I go to golf tournaments to watch golf.. So i'd be watching the golfers ball heading my way. Plus the Marshalls wave the signs in the direction of flight.
    COYS

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    A bit OTT... this sounds like a subject to get annoyed about just for the sake of it... I go to golf tournaments to watch golf.. So i'd be watching the golfers ball heading my way. Plus the Marshalls wave the signs in the direction of flight.
    Not really. A golf ball hitting you at the "right point" on your head could kill you, or smash your eye socket or your eye ball. If the common practice was to shout fore by the pro's and their caddies there would be no arguement, but they don't which is why I feel nothing will change until someone is seriously hurt. You also assume that everyone in the near vicinity is following the game with the wayward drive, most holes have walkways between or to the side of the ropes and spectators.
    Forever trying.

Rahm was a joke then.