Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: club chuckers

Re: club chuckers

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    We all know Rule 1 of club chucking...
    Always throw it forward do you don't have to walk back to get it....
    And if not found within 5 mins, chuck a provisional

oops, just spotted Chrisd's post. Beat me to it
    Give it big humpties

I just don't get it. Snap/lose a club and you have a 50-200 bill to pay. I'd rather spend that cash on my kids.

I can understand (just) snapping a shaft but losing a club and trying to source a replacement, especially on older models seems daft

I played a few months ago with a guy who hit a terrible shot on the par 3 14th hole, he then tossed his club into the dense woods and I asked him if he wanted to throw provinial club coz the first one was sure to be lost.
    Full set of PXG clubs from putter to Driver. Pro V1 golf ball

One of my putters is in the lake by the 18th green at Pyrford alongside the four koi carp. I told my playing partners it was going in there a few holes earlier and one of them had the head cover first. It had been on the BBQ a year before so it hadn't learned its lesson. Now it swims with the fishes.

I threw them when i was younger, but now its more of a just ram it back in the bag with a few choice words with myself. My gear is too expensive to be throwing or snapping.
    In The Bag & Club:
    • Driver - Titleist 913D2 9.5 - Diamana 62 S+ Blue
    • Fairway Wood - Cobra King F7 15.5 Draw Bias - Fujikura Pro 65S
    • Hybrid - Titleist 816H1 19 - Diamana S+ 70 Silver
    • Irons - Titleist AP2 716 4 - PW - Dynamic Gold XP 115 S300 - Std Length, 1 Upright
    • Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 50, 54 & 58 all V-MG
    • Putter - Ping Cadence TR Anser 2
    • Balls - Vice Pro+
    • HCP 2017 - 12.4 > 12.0 > 11.4 > 11.6
    • Sandbach Golf Club
    • www.sandbachgolfclub.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    played this morning in the medal and looking for a ball on the 7th one of my PP had hooked into the gorse, i found a Callaway Legacy PW. it was well in so could have been chucked in from the 10th. Quite new club so had't been in there long.

Then on the 17th i blocked a ball off the tee into the gorse on the right, while looking found an Adams bladed 7 iron and can't have been in there long as it had a brand new grip on it.

Handed both into the pro shop.

costly fits of temper for two players!
    On reflection, it could be that, in each case, the golfer was in the gorse and took in a couple of clubs as he was unsure what to play. Having decided which club to use, he put the other down while he took his shot ... and just forgot. Admittedly not as likely as a tantrum.
    Slinfold Golf & Country Club (Handicap 20)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary Kid View Post
    On reflection, it could be that, in each case, the golfer was in the gorse and took in a couple of clubs as he was unsure what to play. Having decided which club to use, he put the other down while he took his shot ... and just forgot. Admittedly not as likely as a tantrum.
    And they all lived happily ever after....
    COYS

Quote Originally Posted by Canary Kid View Post
    Oi, we don't do serious explanations or sensible probabilities, they were chucked in anger, ok 😜

Q-School Graduate

As Canary kid says

The assumption is that they were chucked in.

A players takes two clubs with him when looking for the ball, puts one down while playing with the other and forgets to take them both back.

Been there, done that and got the tee shirt.