Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,475

    Whats the options here?

    On side of the green so would normally be putting this but because im off green i am gathering i get no relief and have to chip over?

    In My Bag: Driver: Callaway Epic Driver set to 8 degree. Woods: Callaway epic 3 wood Hi-Loft 16.5 Hybrid: Titleist TMB 3 utility + Titleist 816 3 hybrid Irons: Titleist AP2 716's 5i-PW Wedges: Vokey SM6 50, 54 & 58 Putter: Scotty Newport M2 Handicap - 2015: 28 > 27.6 > 27.7 > 27.8> 25.8 > 25.4, 2016: 25.4 > 24.6 > 24.7 > 24.8 > 21.6 > 21.7 > 19.5 > 19.6 > 18.4 2017: 18.4 >18.5>16.5 >16. End 2017 Aim: get to 12.4 handicap and break 80 (FAILED)!

  2. #2
    Money List Winner paddyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,614

    Re: Whats the options here?

    or move the little fence?

  3. #3
    Money List Winner Slab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Port Louis
    Posts
    5,221

    Re: Whats the options here?

    Looks like they're getting ready to plant some sweet peas or pansies!

    Agree about moving it though but would like to think the noticeboard made mention of this before heading out in case the want you to treat it as GUR

  4. #4
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,475

    Re: Whats the options here?

    Didn't even think about moving the fence thanks. was only a knock myself so just dropped a few feet to the left
    In My Bag: Driver: Callaway Epic Driver set to 8 degree. Woods: Callaway epic 3 wood Hi-Loft 16.5 Hybrid: Titleist TMB 3 utility + Titleist 816 3 hybrid Irons: Titleist AP2 716's 5i-PW Wedges: Vokey SM6 50, 54 & 58 Putter: Scotty Newport M2 Handicap - 2015: 28 > 27.6 > 27.7 > 27.8> 25.8 > 25.4, 2016: 25.4 > 24.6 > 24.7 > 24.8 > 21.6 > 21.7 > 19.5 > 19.6 > 18.4 2017: 18.4 >18.5>16.5 >16. End 2017 Aim: get to 12.4 handicap and break 80 (FAILED)!

  5. #5
    Money List Winner paddyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,614

    Re: Whats the options here?

    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    Didn't even think about moving the fence thanks. was only a knock myself so just dropped a few feet to the left
    unless it was actually hindering your stance or line of swing etc then there is no free relief.

  6. #6
    Head Pro LincolnShep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lincoln, UK
    Posts
    268

    Re: Whats the options here?

    You don't get relief but you can remove the fence in the same way that you might move a red or yellow (but not white!) stake. Don't forget to replace it afterwards though.
    • Welton Manor Golf Club
    • 2017: 20.1 ---> 21.0 ---> 20.6
    • 2016: 21.5 ---> 22.0 ---> 19.5 ---> 20.1
    • 2015: 21.0 ---> 21.5

  7. #7
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,379

    Re: Whats the options here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Agree about moving it though but would like to think the noticeboard made mention of this before heading out in case the want you to treat it as GUR
    No sure what this means - I'm sure it is an area of GUR, but there wouldn't be any more relief options in this instance as its a line of play off the green issue.
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

    10.8 and moving the right way again...

  8. #8
    Money List Winner Slab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Port Louis
    Posts
    5,221

    Re: Whats the options here?

    Quote Originally Posted by duncan mackie View Post
    No sure what this means - I'm sure it is an area of GUR, but there wouldn't be any more relief options in this instance as its a line of play off the green issue.
    Apologies I wasn't really referring to relief options but I guess i didn't make that clear, sorry

    You might be sure its an area of GUR but without something else to identify it as such, like a sign-post or spray writing or a notice on the noticeboard, I cant really assume its GUR, so if my ball landed in there instead of short I'd like to think the club had provided some direction on how to proceed

  9. #9
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,379

    Re: Whats the options here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Apologies I wasn't really referring to relief options but I guess i didn't make that clear, sorry

    You might be sure its an area of GUR but without something else to identify it as such, like a sign-post or spray writing or a notice on the noticeboard, I cant really assume its GUR, so if my ball landed in there instead of short I'd like to think the club had provided some direction on how to proceed
    Agreed.

    However, the approved practice of white lines or coloured stakes can often get combined into the use of white wire hoops like these as a general GUR marking by green staff ie they are seen as a suitable moveable while line - all without further clarification anywhere.

    Committees should do better, but the player would be entitled to treat such an area as GUR even in the absence of any further clarification.
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

    10.8 and moving the right way again...

  10. #10
    Money List Winner Slab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Port Louis
    Posts
    5,221

    Re: Whats the options here?

    Quote Originally Posted by duncan mackie View Post
    Agreed.

    However, the approved practice of white lines or coloured stakes can often get combined into the use of white wire hoops like these as a general GUR marking by green staff ie they are seen as a suitable moveable while line - all without further clarification anywhere.

    Committees should do better, but the player would be entitled to treat such an area as GUR even in the absence of any further clarification.
    Didn't know that part... Every day's a school day

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Bushnell Neo Ion Golf Watch for Lowest ever price of £99.48

Very impressive battery life is combined with useful features that help improve accuracy and implementing the correct strategy

November 20, 2017

Ashes Injury Scare: Stuart Broad Hit By Stray Golf Ball

There was an injury scare for the England team when Stuart Broad was hit by a stray golf ball!

November 20, 2017

Austin Cook wins The RSM Classic

PGA Tour rookie Austin Cook held off the pack to win The RSM Classic at Sea Island Resort in Georgia. J.J. Spaun was second with Brian Gay third.

November 20, 2017

Rahm and Fleetwood are winners in Dubai

Spain’s Jon Rahm won the DP World Tour Championship, Dubai by a single shot while a late stumble by Justin Rose allowed Tommy Fleetwood to secure the Race to Dubai title.

November 19, 2017