Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Re: The relief of finding a lost ball.

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    Any stranger reading this would think it's the High Court
    I think it's more about personalities Gordon, 2 had a straight go at him, others then had a go at them, that goes tit for tat and escalates, others whinge about people getting a life (maybe MikeH needs to decide topics )

Some try to show reason and that gets lost in the bickering.

It's like the majority of threads now, people react to the poster more than the post and all of us are guilty of that at sometime.

Never fails our Tashy to get a reaction of some sort

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    Don't agree with that at all. I quite often give up on it after a lot less than that if it looks like I'm just wasting my time.
    That's daft mate, you're arguing for the sake of it. I know what you're saying but in this case I assumed I didn't need to point it out as Tashy obviously thought he was going to find his ball.
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

Journeyman Pro

A stranger would take up knitting rather than start playing golf with the reactions of some on here.
    Ping G15 Driver
    Ping G20 Hybrid
    Ping G10 18 Hybrid
    Cobra Amp 5-SW Irons
    Titliest Vokey 60 degree
    Taylormade Rossa Putter

Handicap 27

Member at Baildon Golf Club

Sometimes this place make the digital spy forums look almost normal.
    Handicap 13.2 Ping G20 Driver MD 3 & 5 Woods Ping G20 Hybrid Ping G20 Irons 5 - U Cleveland RTX Cav 60 degree Wedge Odyssey Works Wide Versa Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    That's daft mate, you're arguing for the sake of it. I know what you're saying but in this case I assumed I didn't need to point it out as Tashy obviously thought he was going to find his ball.
    Ok, you're right there, he probably had a good old look for it. Still don't know if it was 5 mins or 4 and a half though. I wasn't trying to passionately defend the guy, I just didn't think it warranted people jumping on his back and nitpicking when the 5 minutes thing wasn't really the point of the story, it was just a throwaway line. We're all going round in circles repeating ourselves now anyway.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Callaway Supersoft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    I wasn't trying to passionately defend the guy,
    I think you're one of his pals, I mean look at your profile pic, Tashy all over
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

Given that the 'original' rules were defined by a society/club/company that was comprised mainly of the legal (and military) professions, that's the way ALL the Rules - and attitudes to them - are!

Up until the advent, and profusion, of ultra slow-mo cameras. much of the application of RofG has been about personal morality! Snooker is, I believe, the only other sport where such an attitude is all-pervasive! Even Cricket is not (if it ever was) so 'moral'!
    Adams Speedline 9.5* Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 13.5* Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 16.5* Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20* at 21* Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23* at 24* Matrix Red Tie S
    Titleist 913 27* Diamana Kuro Kage S
    McGregor PCB Tour 6-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

Ia Ora Te Natura
    E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Tashy

Simple question where the answer will make everything clear which way to go

Do you believe you found your ball within 5 mins - it's a yes or no

All judgments are being made on what you have written so you need to stop be cryptic and just be clear about things
    Phil I definately found the ball within five minutes, did I know you had five mins to look for it, of course. that's it end of conversation.

However as has been pointed out, why did I not reply to this straight away. Two reasons.

1, The resident troll was the first to answer. Like he occasionally does. Usually it is with replies like, I lost interest after the first word. Or if asked a open question like "have you ever squealed like a girl when you have found a Lost ball". The reply is no. Most of my posts are met with negativity from him. It is easier to just ignore the negative comments. Chuffed that he actually found the time to read the post though
    2, and more importantly, as soon as I finished yesterday I was home, chuffed at a good round. Quick post on here, then off to the nursery to pick up two kids after clubs are out and kids seats put in car. Back to ours dinner, bath, bedtime stories and clean up then back on here to all Hell has let loose over a troll " cheat" comments. Up this morning at 05.30 feed the youngest 20 months, then the eldest 4yr old. Back in the car to drop off at home. 90 mins ( ish ) at gym to be back home for when the kids have just turned up.

So so as much as it is an important issue to some re five mins, I have a bit more on my plate that is as important
    Having said that, do I know all the rules of golf. No that is why I have asked some on the GM forum. And been given a rule book on rules by golf monthly as they posed a question in there mag which I asked on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    Phil I definately found the ball within five minutes, did I know you had five mins to look for it, of course. that's it end of conversation.

However as has been pointed out, why did I not reply to this straight away. Two reasons.

1, The resident troll was the first to answer. Like he occasionally does. Usually it is with replies like, I lost interest after the first word. Or if asked a open question like "have you ever squealed like a girl when you have found a Lost ball". The reply is no. Most of my posts are met with negativity from him. It is easier to just ignore the negative comments. Chuffed that he actually found the time to read the post though
    2, and more importantly, as soon as I finished yesterday I was home, chuffed at a good round. Quick post on here, then off to the nursery to pick up two kids after clubs are out and kids seats put in car. Back to ours dinner, bath, bedtime stories and clean up then back on here to all Hell has let loose over a troll " cheat" comments. Up this morning at 05.30 feed the youngest 20 months, then the eldest 4yr old. Back in the car to drop off at home. 90 mins ( ish ) at gym to be back home for when the kids have just turned up.

So so as much as it is an important issue to some re five mins, I have a bit more on my plate that is as important
    Having said that, do I know all the rules of golf. No that is why I have asked some on the GM forum. And been given a rule book on rules by golf monthly as they posed a question in there mag which I asked on here.
    That's good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post

Thanks Tashy. 16 pages of rubbish because the usual suspect lights the blue touch paper, retires to a safe distance and giggles at the pandemonium. I remember him from GolfMagic and he was pretty much the same there.