Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Re: The relief of finding a lost ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Tashy

Simple question where the answer will make everything clear which way to go

Do you believe you found your ball within 5 mins - it's a yes or no

All judgments are being made on what you have written so you need to stop be cryptic and just be clear about things

I think it's a bit to late to answer that question as there will only be one answer . The horse has already bolted .
    TM Aero Burner Driver Fujikura Pro Xlr8 63 Tour xTM M1 3 wood another Fujikura shaftSrixon Z765 3-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 130 shaftsTM Spider Red Ltd Edition Putter Cleveland RTX-3 wedges 50 54 58 Tour Satin

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    You do realise this is a "Golf Forum" were we go on about standards and self policing etc, there is no "5 minute guess" or "depends were you're from and how you speak" in the rules, it's 5 minutes, end off.

Tashy has played enough golf to know that and as soon as he saw a couple of replies to his post he could of come straight on and explained he didn't actually time it or meant nearly 5 minutes, he didn't.

His op caused all the ridiculous replies, in your opinion is a ridiculous thread

For you to then accuse someone of mindless pendantry is a joke.

Like I put before, one man and one man alone caused the reaction and it was my mate Tashy.
    Admittedly, he left it often to interpretation - he has since confirmed that the timing wasn't exact.

As Liverpoolphil says, he should probably confirm now whether he believes he was inside or outside of 5 minutes, then we could put this to bed (wishful thinking probably).
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Slazenger Firesteel 3 & 5 woods (from original starter set )
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Srixon AD333 balls
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post

As Liverpoolphil says, he should probably confirm now whether he believes he was inside or outside of 5 minutes,
    You could argue he's already answered that question by his actions, if you give up looking for a ball then generally you feel you've already gone over the 5 minute mark.
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12

Any stranger reading this would think it's the High Court

I play with a number of guys who don't wear a watch, how do they judge the time when searching for a lost ball I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    I play with a number of guys who don't wear a watch, how do they judge the time when searching for a lost ball I wonder.
    I use shadows of the trees to tell the time.
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    I think they might also log off never to return after the first page of replies!
    Handicap: 12

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    Guilty of cheating in the second degree, he did not intend to cheat when he teed up on the 18th but emotions got the better of him and got caught up in the moment as he had a good score going. Combined with the fact that he seemingly wasn't aware of the 5 minute ruling we should be lenient.

And furthermore seems an all round top bloke with no known previous.

Just watch him carefully in future though. 😷

Head Pro

15 pages! what a epic discussion! Thanks Tashy.

I think though that if we forget the main bone of contention from the OP, then there is a really good topic here and it raises some key questions about honest play, confessing after the error, living with knowledge that an error was made but not punished, knowing the rules and when to enforce them. But also, I think we have to remember that armchair judges whether for our own game or those picking faults on TV with the professionals bring little to the actual game we adore in my opinion.

Did Tashboy break the rules? judging on his OP alone, then probably yes. But no-one on this Forum can say for sure what happened. That is down to Tashboy to live with. Will we all take a little more care when searching for a missing ball next time though? Quite probably.

Also, we play this game for fun don't we? We play for the challenge, the success and the camaraderie/friendship. Our mortgages don't count on it. Lets not get too hung up on this matter.

#loveGMForum
    2017 Handicap. Jan - 25.1. April - 19.8. May - 20.0. July - 19.7. “Golf is about how well you accept, respond to, and score with your misses much more than it is a game of your perfect shots.” Dr Bob Rotella “Of all the hazards, fear is the worst.” Sam Snead"I know where I am and I know which way I am going. Only winning will satisfy me. You don't think it is possible? It is very possible!" Seve

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    You could argue he's already answered that question by his actions, if you give up looking for a ball then generally you feel you've already gone over the 5 minute mark.
    Don't agree with that at all. I quite often give up on it after a lot less than that if it looks like I'm just wasting my time.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Slazenger Firesteel 3 & 5 woods (from original starter set )
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Srixon AD333 balls
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8